Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly no EWCM for months - should I be worried?

(6 Posts)
waitingforarainbow Wed 10-Apr-19 19:15:58

I'm currently TTC#2 and have noticed for the past four or five months, I've had no EWCM whatsoever - not even a tiny bit. I've always had a normal amount around ovulation in the past so it seems strange that it's stopped all of a sudden. I'm still ovulating and getting regular periods.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have started taking Evening Primrose Oil this cycle to see if that helps, but I can't help worrying that it means my fertility has taken a nosedive. ☹️ I'm 33 so not exactly old.

Thanks in advance! x

Comps83 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:19:28

I’ve had nothing since I stopped the pill. So I’m following this thread
Apparently I’ve ovulated according to OPKs but I haven’t had any kind of discharge what so ever so I’m not hopeful

RudyRoo Wed 10-Apr-19 19:36:03

I was the same but have started taking Evening Primrose oil and Agnus Castus and it's definitely helped! Would recommend 👍🏼

RudyRoo Wed 10-Apr-19 19:36:42

I'm 33 also BTW and TTC no.1

crazychemist Wed 10-Apr-19 20:17:45

Do you temperature chart? If only using OPKs, they tell you if you are having an LH surge, but don’t actually tell you if you body is responding to this by releasing an egg (which is what it should do 12-24 hours after the surge). Temperature is more related to the progesterone that only occurs if an egg has been released, so worth doing a chart if you’re not sure?

If you are definitely ovulating and have a decent LP (the gap between ovulation and period starting), could you use a lubricant like pressed to give the swimmers a bit of help if you’re short of EWCM? Lots of people also swear by Angus Castus for increasing how much you produce.

(31 and ttc#2 btw. Cycle a bit all over the place so keeping a close eye on EWCM!)

waitingforarainbow Tue 23-Jul-19 06:53:46

UPDATE

Just to update, I haven't had any EWCM for months and months now (not even a trace), despite drinking loads of water and taking EPO. However I spoke to a fertility Dr and she wasn't concerned about it. Fast-forward a few weeks and I'm pregnant! It's early days but just shows you can get pregnant with absolutely no EWCM.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »