Talk

Advanced search

TTC, sex lady night, smear today

(4 Posts)
Jeds55 Wed 10-Apr-19 09:48:47

Hi all,
Bit daft really but cant find clear answer on internet so wondered if anyone knows. TTC no 2 but been getting random spotting through month and periods (after being really regular) have started showing up week early etc and Ov tests all over the place. So booked docs for today ages ago. Had positive opk yesterday so dtd last night (only time dtd since before last period). At doc appt today she thought could be an infection so took a swab - which was like a smear test.
So, after that ramble just wanted to know are we out this month? Would the test affect chance of conception?
Bit gutted of we are but obviously want to resolve whatever's been going on as a priority too. Not sure if partner has another dtd in him tonight! Thanks

Jeds55 Wed 10-Apr-19 09:49:11

Sex last night!! Not lady!!

thosethreewords Wed 10-Apr-19 10:40:39

The test shouldn't affect the chance of conception because the sperm are pretty rapid at getting through the os of the cervix, but I wouldn't be surprised if having sperm near your cervix this morning won't give a false negative test result if she was swabbing "discharge" that was actually ejaculate. I don't know for sure though!

Jeds55 Wed 10-Apr-19 12:43:20

Thanks for your response thosethreewords I know, I don't know why I didnt mention it to doctor, kicking myself. Think I was so surprised she was going to Swab me up there (not just with a cotton bud) that it completely slipped my mind to mention. She did say she could see grey up there so hopefully swabbed that (unless he has grey sperm?!confused)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »