Talk

Advanced search

TTC while doing 5:2

(5 Posts)
JohnoWhits Tue 09-Apr-19 20:07:31

I’ve posted the this on the 5:2 thread as well to see if I can get any advice.

What the title says really. My husband and I are trying for baby number 2. I did 5:2 a few years ago but wasn’t doing it when I got pregnant with DS.

I’ve re-stared to help lose my last bit of baby weight and get to my ideal weight, alongside exercise. I didn’t have lots to lose and have about 13lbs to go now. I’m actually lighter now than I was pre-pregnancy.

My question is whether anyone has conceived while doing the 5:2 or were advised against doing it while trying, or stopped and then conceived.

I really like the progress I’m making (and know I will need to stop when I am pregnant) so thought I’d ask for some advice/experiences.

Thanks in advance.

BelleSausage Tue 09-Apr-19 20:09:30

I would be interested in this too as I have the same but am already undergoing fertility investigations and have been for a while.

I do feel better for losing the weight (am about 2 stone down now) but my cycles have been changing. Not sure if related.

JohnoWhits Tue 09-Apr-19 20:12:43

Hey sausage. I don’t like putting “diet” as I feel like it’s just a normal way of life for me now and the weight is just trickling off at a nice pace. I assumed that when looking into fertility they want you to have a good BMI but I wasn’t sure if the fast days could effect you when you’re ovulating; I was wondering whether I should skip the FD during my predicted ov week?

Well done on the 2stone loss. I’ve done about 1stone and feel so much better.

Mamabear12 Tue 09-Apr-19 20:16:23

I think if you are over weight then staying on your diet is fine. Being at the ideal weight is best for fertility. So not under or over weight. And the 5 :2 diet is perfectly fine and healthy. It allows your body more time to heal etc on low calorie days.

JohnoWhits Tue 09-Apr-19 20:24:01

Thanks mamabear. I’m not overweight per se, and work as a physio so am fairly active and exercise regularly. I was just that little bit heavier pre-baby than I would have liked (after a big knee op).

I guess I overanalysed so much when ttc #1 and don’t want to get into my head that the 5:2 will have a negative effect.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »