Talk

Advanced search

Help! What does this mean??

(12 Posts)
peasando Mon 08-Apr-19 17:10:46

So I did a test this mornin (8dpo) and it was 100% negative. I have loads of cheap tests though so buckled and did another one and this happened. I really, really want to think ‘a lines a line’ but these lines just look too far apart to me. What does it mean? Is it positive? Is it a dud test? WTF is going on???

RedPandaFluff Mon 08-Apr-19 17:13:07

I don't see a line, @peasando - are you sure you're not mistaking the shadow of the raised part of the test for a line?

💐

peasando Mon 08-Apr-19 17:16:21

Hi @RedPandaFluff, no it's definitely a line (and pink) but it is right by the end bit, which is why I think it's too far apart? I've checked back on the one from this morning and yesterday's blush and there's nothing like it on any of them...

peasando Mon 08-Apr-19 17:21:41

Here

RedPandaFluff Mon 08-Apr-19 17:25:51

Maybe some dye that has migrated? I reckon the only way to be sure is to get a better quality test and try again - FRERs are best, from what I understand.

peasando Mon 08-Apr-19 17:30:27

Yeah, I know you're right. I have an FRER but I'm going to try and wait until tomorrow morning to use it. So annoying though!

bobstersmum Mon 08-Apr-19 17:31:43

That's just a dud test imo. Those little strip ones have always seemed really rubbish to me, I would get a decent one from the chemist.

Waitingonasmiley42 Mon 08-Apr-19 17:33:04

The dye has run! The positive line isn't as far along.

Good luck

RedPandaFluff Mon 08-Apr-19 17:34:16

@peasando so you'll be 9DPO tomorrow? That's so early . . . is there any way you can hold off for a couple of days? I know how hard it is, believe me - I have several rounds of IVF under my belt and a major POAS addiction!

Good luck x

peasando Mon 08-Apr-19 17:39:20

Thanks everyone, I know you're all right, it's just hard not to hope when you see that extra flash of pink!

@RedPandaFluff yes 9dpo tomorrow. I know it's early, but I just feel pregnant this month (and I've been pregnant a lot - have one DS but had 11 miscarriages before he came along). I need to stop testing I know, it's just that it's taken me ages to work up the nerve to TTC again and now that we are I can't think about anything else!

JohnoWhits Mon 08-Apr-19 18:05:21

Hey OP. I had a very similar few tests and was frantically searching for posts. THhe general consensus is that it’s a “dye pool”. It’s at the point where the dip section is stuck down. I also had the same on an opk. Really sorry to hear about your loses and pray that this is your bfp cycle x

peasando Mon 08-Apr-19 18:18:17

Thanks @JohnoWhits - I'll just have to be more patient I guess!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »