Talk

Advanced search

Planning on TTC in Aug

(3 Posts)
SA2991 Mon 08-Apr-19 12:58:49

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to all this so please bear with me 😊

Myself and my OH are getting married in August and looking to TTC ASAP after that. I'm currently on the Cerelle pill and have been for around 4-5 years. I get a small/light bleed every 6 months for around 3-5 days. Previous to Cerelle I was on Rigevidon for 2 years.

I'm planning on taking my last pill on the day of my wedding. Would anyone advise differently?!

Also looking to take conception vitamins/supplements now while still on the pill. Has anyone had experience of taking both at the same time?

Thanks in advance! Xx

MrsRLM Mon 08-Apr-19 14:05:38

It's difficult to make recommendations because everyone's body will react differently.

I was on cerelle/cerazette for 15 years. Came off in October, had a withdrawal bleed in November and was back to normal by end of December as far as I'm aware (and I'm still not pregnant).

If you don't want to risk a bleed on your wedding day then I'd stay on the pill until after. But if you want to get pregnant ASAP then you might want to think about stopping the pill sooner because it can take months for your body to adjust. In my case, I think it was around 3 months until I ovulated again and I'm not even sure I did in my Jan period.

SA2991 Thu 11-Apr-19 10:23:42

Hi MrsRLM,

Thanks for the advice and telling me about your experience.

I really don't want be having a period on my wedding day but neither do I want to push back the window of opportunity to fall pregnant. I think I'll discuss it again with my OH and make a decision from there 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »