Talk

Advanced search

Faint lines & negative tests - could I be pregnant?

(21 Posts)
NaomiB91 Sun 07-Apr-19 17:20:17

Hi all

So this is my first ever threat so please forgive me if I don't use abréviations;
Me and my husband have been TTC since November and had test done at the docs recently which showed I wasn't ovulating as predicted however my recent test on 29.3.19 showed a spike in proestrogen which pointed to ovulation ( didn't find out until 2.3.19) however not come on my period and so took a test yesterday(Tesco own brand) and got a very faint line within 2 mins... it then went darker after an hour and there was an obvious +, just to make sure I checked with the same brand test first thing this morning and it was negative.

Me and my husband then decided to test again this afternoon after holding it for 4 hours, this time I did a Clear and simple (B&M) pink line test one strip and one stick.... the stick again had a very faint line after 3 mins which went darker after 30 mins and then the strip was an obvious BFN ...

Anyone else had this or any ideas I'm so confused as has 2 pos and 2 neg and don't know how trustworthy these are

Thank you in advance

PinaColadaPlease Sun 07-Apr-19 17:25:43

Tests should not be read after a certain period of time - it's been a while since I did one but check the instructions for the particular test you did.

I would get a FRER (First Response) test for a definitive answer.

You could take a digital test as well but these are not as sensitive and it can take a few extra days for Hcg to be high enough to get a 'pregnant' result.

What date was your period due?

Aberforthsgoat Sun 07-Apr-19 17:28:22

I second first response
A lot of tests can have evaporation lines which are really upsetting and frustrating, in the past I have found first response to be the most reliable

NaomiB91 Sun 07-Apr-19 17:57:38

I was due on 25.3.19 but my blood test show I wasn't ovulating then my last year on 29.3.19 showed a spike in my proestregen at 27 and gp said this showed ovulation so since then it's been a waiting game, I have not had any of the usual symptoms a bit of cramping and twinges, and a breakout in spots but nothing definitive ... so I'm pretty confused ... the tests I took the first one said results at 3 mins and the second said results at 5 mins ...

Thank you for your reply's I will try a FR in a few days

NaomiB91 Sun 07-Apr-19 17:58:18

I do have pics but can't post yet as I'm a new member confused

Aberforthsgoat Sun 07-Apr-19 19:55:46

You can pm them to me if you like and I will post them for you?

NaomiB91 Sun 07-Apr-19 22:34:01

Can you tell me how to do that 😂

Shortandsweet96 Sun 07-Apr-19 22:57:31

@naomib91 to PM a picture click the icon on the top right of the page for your account, should say inbox where you can send messages x

NaomiB91 Wed 10-Apr-19 07:55:26

Finally allowed me to attach pictures ...

Also I did another one this morning and again faint pink line - could it be the test I'm getting or am I reading these wrong ?

AnxietyForever Wed 10-Apr-19 08:03:53

All your tests look positive to me.
Congratulations!!

motherofdxughters Wed 10-Apr-19 08:11:59

Those look positive to me. They're not that faint and have a lot of colour. I'd wait until tomorrow and take a digital as they're not as sensitive usually with first morning Heineken.

NaomiB91 Wed 10-Apr-19 08:12:14

I really hope so ... is it normal for tests to be so faint though .... I have left it 3 days and still this morning was faint too ... maybe I should try a digi one at the weekend ... any suggestions ?

AnxietyForever Wed 10-Apr-19 08:58:03

Clear blue digital will give you a 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' result. It will probably sink in better if you see the result written out for you. If you've missed your period then you can take the clear blue test at any time.

wonderfulbee Wed 10-Apr-19 09:09:57

@NaomiB91

Hey OP!! All mine looked like that when I texted, I tested first day of my missed period smile I tried a clear blue and got pregnant 1-2.. I'm now just over 10 weeks I believe smile

wonderfulbee Wed 10-Apr-19 09:10:19

@NaomiB91 supposed to say tested smile

NaomiB91 Wed 10-Apr-19 15:03:14

I do hope so @wonderfulbee & congrats to you smile it's hard to tell how many weeks I could be as I wasn't ovulating correctly but I'm hoping 3 positives is a great sign just a waiting game now I guess I'll keep you posted thanks everyone for you help

wonderfulbee Wed 10-Apr-19 18:59:20

@NaomiB91 the top one was my very first one and the second one was yesterday's (I have paranoia) I'm always testing lmao

NaomiB91 Thu 11-Apr-19 10:41:51

@wonderfulbee I think I'll be the same have first midwife appointment on 24th but it's just the long unknowing wait now that's going to kill me 🤦‍♀️

wonderfulbee Thu 11-Apr-19 10:47:43

@NaomiB91 I guess it's normal I suppose although this is my second pregnancy aha my DD is 9 months old 😂

Your first midwife appointment is the day before my 12 week scan so let's hope it goes quickly for us both smile

NaomiB91 Thu 18-Apr-19 08:59:40

@wonderfulbee well we definitely have a shrimp swimming around I couldn't wait for my appointment and so took another test last night and lit up light a Christmas tree - it just got very real 🙃🙃

wonderfulbee Thu 18-Apr-19 22:15:31

@NaomiB91 congratulations!!! ☺️☺️☺️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »