Talk

Advanced search

BBT experts... please.

(19 Posts)
EssJayyCee Sun 07-Apr-19 09:01:26

Hi, I am extremely confused my my chart.

The beginning of my cycle I was on holiday which I think is why I had high temps.

I discarded the few after that because my sleep pattern was really on off and couldn't temp at the right times.

I am pretty sure I haven't ovulated but was wondering if anyone had any expert ideas as to why my temps could be so erratic?

I've not seen any charts like this before.

I do get irregular periods ranging from 18-64 days but majority are around 37/38 days.

I have had blood tests for irregular periods and all were normal.

Any ideas please and thank you xx

EssJayyCee Sun 07-Apr-19 09:02:37

P.s do you think it's possible I ovulated when FF is potentially estimating?

EssJayyCee Sun 07-Apr-19 16:38:35

Anyone?

emmyloucuddles Sun 07-Apr-19 16:49:26

Hey @EssJayyCee

Are you/were you testing as the exact same time every morning? When I started testing I was waking up at all different times in the morning and it made my chart look a bit mad as the temperature really changed one day to the next, even if it was a difference of an hour. Holiday could definitely be the reason for the erratic beginning to the chart too! Especially as the rest of it looks pretty normal to me, I would be confident looking at the chart that ovulation was on day 17 as it says but there may be better experts on here than me! Interesting dip on day 22 - if you did ovulate on day 17 did you did in the couple of days before?xx

Sorry if I'm not much help!

NannyPear Sun 07-Apr-19 16:50:07

Hi OP. I agree from your chart it doesn't look like you've ovulated. You had a temp spike today so maybe the next few days will confirm you've o'd.

I don't think they are particularly erratic temperatures, obviously it looks like you have big spikes but if/when you ovulate your temp shift will make the spikes look smaller and less dramatic.

You have quite a variation in cycle lengths which could well indicate something else going on. What kind of tests have you had done?

emmyloucuddles Sun 07-Apr-19 16:50:22

That should say did you dtd on days before ovulation!!

NannyPear Sun 07-Apr-19 16:52:33

I really don't think you ovulated on day 17 I'm afraid.

emmyloucuddles Sun 07-Apr-19 17:08:06

Oops maybe I'm completely wrong then. Sorry OP x

EssJayyCee Sun 07-Apr-19 20:31:38

@emmyloucuddles no we didn't dtd on or around CD 17 as my partner was unwell.

@NannyPear thank you for your input it is very helpful. I'm not sure exactly what I was tested for but there was quite a list on the blood test form. The flabotomist took 3 tubes of blood with different coloured lids.

The doctor said bloods didn't show anything abnormal. I have cysts on my ovaries.

I think I just get annovulatory cycles sometimes which then make my cycles longer waiting for the next peak and ovulation.
I came off the pill in July and the picture attached shows my cycle lengths. Between then and now.

NannyPear Sun 07-Apr-19 20:45:13

Well still some time for ovulation to happen, if it's not happening right now!

Would be really interested to see what your temps do over the next few days, hopefully they will stay up smile temping can be a bit of a pain and frustrating but once you get that temp shift it will all feel worth it! Have you used opks at all?

EssJayyCee Mon 08-Apr-19 16:22:48

@NannyPear it dropped a little to 36.34 this morning.

Yes I have been doing opks once sometimes twice a day since CD14 and I've only had negatives. I had a faint line on CD18 but still negative.

My CM seems quite wet today which could be a good sign but I'm not hopeful. My cm seems to be all over the place just as much as my irregular cycles.

Two cycles ago I had a perfect text book temp shift. The cycle after that was a bit vague but there and then this cycle .. well you can see for yourself a bit messy!

EssJayyCee Mon 15-Apr-19 07:54:18

Still not convinced I've ovulated yet. FF keeps changing its estimation.

If anything I'd say it was CD 22 but that hasn't even been an option for FF.

There is still hope as my longest recorded cycle was 64 days. So my fingers are still crossed. It's just a waiting game.

Has anyone got any opinions on my chart?

NannyPear Mon 15-Apr-19 08:51:56

Could be CD22 or 27. What setting have you got FF on? FAM or Advanced?

EssJayyCee Mon 15-Apr-19 09:01:39

I'm not sure, how do you find out?

EssJayyCee Mon 15-Apr-19 09:04:39

I have found it. It is on Advanced.

NannyPear Mon 15-Apr-19 09:07:30

Does it change with FAM? FAM is sometimes better as it just predicts with temps only. It's likely showing CD22 because you entered EWCM that day as well as a temp dip.

EssJayyCee Mon 15-Apr-19 09:11:49

FAM is showing no cross line at all. So from temperatures alone it doesn't think I have ovulated then?

NannyPear Mon 15-Apr-19 09:20:46

Sorry just realised it wasnt showing CD22. Wonder why it's saying 27 on advanced. Maybe because you entered negative opks before this.
Technically you need 3 temps over the cover line to confirm O so yes, based on temps no ovulation yet.
You must be getting so frustrated by now :/

EssJayyCee Mon 15-Apr-19 19:03:31

@NannyPear I really am so frustrated! It is hard work trying to conceive when you don't have a clue when you're ovulating!

Hopefully it will become clear on my chart soon!

The first chart I had clear ovulation my post Ovulation temps were above 36.5 and I haven't had a consistent amount of them above that yet so that's what I am waiting for. A drop and then a high spike!

Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »