Talk

Advanced search

Worried

(17 Posts)
GaGaMummy Thu 04-Apr-19 11:22:01

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has anything similar but a little bit of background quickly;
We've been trying for 3 years and last year I miscarried our first baby together (I have 3 children with my ex and 2 miscarriages with him as well).
I haven't had a period since November and I have been to the GP and fertility clinic since, they plan to check for PCOS at the moment and my fiance has recently gone for semen analysis.

Anyway, I was doing ovulation tests and they were getting strong (yay!) but on Tuesday I did a pregnancy test as well (just for the sake of it) and it was positive, faint but it was a pink line in the time frame for it to be valid!
I tested again yesterday and this morning- negative-I do have a cold and drinking a lot so wondered if that was diluting my urine?
I guess I'm clinging on to hope that I AM pregnant...

Has anyone been in the same boat?

Also, I have been checking my cervix (more to try and work out wtf is happening in there...getting desperate) and it is high and soft which I read is a sign of pregnancy. Urgh, my body is such a nightmare...

I don't want to go back to the GP right now in case they cancel my fertility tests because if I hadn't tested positive and just bleed soon, I would never have known I was pregnant.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and comments, I need to feel not so alone and right now I'm driving myself crazy and asking my dog for answers lol.

Keyboard91 Thu 04-Apr-19 14:28:21

If I were you I would buy a FRER and test again with FMU tomorrow - I find them more sensitive and reliable that the one step you’ve got (I was 5 weeks pregnant before I got a line on those! FRER picked up at 3w+5).

But that’s only what I would do personally. I really hope it’s a bfp for you xxxx

Catconfusion Thu 04-Apr-19 14:34:30

I agree with @Keyboard91 get a first response and test tomorrow first thing. Good luck! Xx

GaGaMummy Thu 04-Apr-19 16:51:17

Thank you! That gives me hope but if I'm not heading towards a miscarriage, why would the tests be negative after a positive?
In my experience, a line growing fainter to non existent meant a miscarriage was going to happen.
The sensitivity of these tests are 10mlU so they are pretty sensitive, in the past they've been good at detecting early. I will go to the chemist tomorrow and test Saturday as I can't get one now.

Fingers crossed my body behaves and gives me a bfp! x I will update on the thread what happens x

Catconfusion Thu 04-Apr-19 16:54:15

It could be diluted urine as you said. If it's early on your levels of hcg can be very low. Don't lose hope until you've done an FRER with morning urine. Good luck! Xx

LadyP7 Fri 05-Apr-19 13:12:47

I've not yet got a first response test as I didn't have time yesterday but I did another test later this morning and have a faint positive again ☺️ (it is pink and not grey- bad light). I'm glad it's positive again after 2 days of negatives. I will do a first response tomorrow (or Sunday).

Catconfusion Fri 05-Apr-19 13:39:55

That's a really good sign. See what the FRER says and go from there. Good luck! Xx

LadyP7 Thu 25-Apr-19 09:27:56

It's been a rough few weeks. The tests became negative and I had no bleeding.
For the last 5 days I've been feeling sick, tired and extremely bloated, I did a test yesterday and it was a faint positive again.
I did one this morning (yes with cheap ones because I spent about £40 in the end on the FRER ones and only have 1 left lol) and well, this is stronger than anything I've previously had (this month 😂).

Please tell me I'm finally bloody pregnant and that this is a damn good line 🥺

Catconfusion Thu 25-Apr-19 09:35:32

That definitely looks positive to me. So confusing you got negative tests in between. It might be worth asking the doctor if you can have a blood test to confirm. Congrats and good luck! Xx

LadyP7 Thu 25-Apr-19 09:44:32

I know lol. I've got my ultrasound scan booked in for Tuesday (it was to check my ovaries etc because of no periods for so long) so I may just see how the tests go until then, if they don't see a baby then I will have to go to the GP. But this line is much stronger than previous lines grin

LadyP7 Thu 25-Apr-19 09:45:18

And this was it before the test had even finished with the dye going through!

FaithEloise Thu 25-Apr-19 12:33:11

Congratulations 🥰 thats positive for sure x

Catconfusion Thu 25-Apr-19 12:48:56

@LadyP7 I'm sure if there's any doubt at the ultrasound they'll order tests. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Try and relax if you can! Xx

LadyP7 Tue 30-Apr-19 10:18:56

I've had my scan:
No baby
No cysts
Nothing. I have a slightly thicker tube at the moment so the lady thinks I may ovulate soon if my hormones tell my ovaries to do their job and release an egg.

Huggybear16 Tue 30-Apr-19 10:24:38

So you had a positive pregnancy test a few days ago, and the scan today shows that you are not pregnant? Did they offer any explanation? What follow up will you be having?

Catconfusion Tue 30-Apr-19 10:56:49

I'm so sorry @LadyP7 How confusing for you. Just remind me, when was your last period? Was your last period heavy or abnormal? I'm just wondering if you could have miscarried as the hcg takes a while to leave your system. Those One Steps tests are not the most sensitive so you must have had a decent amount in your system. Did they not offer you a blood test? I'm not sure what else could cause raised hcg. I'd keep testing if I was you and make sure you get a negative before trying again (if that's what you want to do) See your GP too! Good luck! Xx

LadyP7 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:35:57

The scan was booked in to check how things were with my tubes etc because my last period was November and was normal for me.
This month I've had numerous positives but also negatives.
I mentioned this to the woman who scanned me and she said there was certainly no baby or sign of anything (I do think the tests are from a dodgy batch so I will be contacting the seller to make them aware.
Next step is the GP I guess but they are crap and don't listen, just say "wait and see".

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »