Advanced search

Help on pregnancy

(5 Posts)
MissSamantha Thu 04-Apr-19 09:01:01

Hey just some advice really, im a 27 year old with a 7 year old daughter, me an my partner have been trying for a baby for just over 2 years, everyone is telling me that 2 years was way to long an i should go to the gp.. so has anyone else had anything like this? Is it time i went to the gp? Everyone is making me feel like there is something wrong with me

BeeMyBaby Thu 04-Apr-19 10:19:53

I believe after a year of TTC the gp would usually refer you for testing so may be an idea to go and get the ball rolling.

Fuppy Thu 04-Apr-19 10:37:33

Not where I am, you get referred after 2 years TTC. However, if you have previously conceived naturally then you don't qualify for IVF on the NHS afaik.

FWIW I conceived at 2 years of trying.

ilovetrees30 Thu 04-Apr-19 10:39:30

Where I am you have to wait two years before being referred but if you already have children you won't be eligible for nhs treatment in my area

DaisyMay25 Thu 04-Apr-19 10:56:03

I'm also 27, my go referred me for tests after one year. Book a go appointment and I'm sure they'll send you for some tests smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »