Talk

Advanced search

SMEP - Any advice?

(7 Posts)
Elbie2019 Wed 03-Apr-19 22:14:52

Hi all,

My partner and I have been TTC for 3 months but so far have been unsuccessful. I’m already using OPK and over the past 3 cycles, we have basically DTD every day from getting high fertility through to a couple of days after getting peak fertility. I’ve been reading about the SMEP and find it interesting that that too suggests DTD every other day until peak fertility shows. It feels
like we’re lowering our chances by not DTD every day but what do you think? Am I going overboard doing it every day?

Justincase87 Wed 03-Apr-19 22:20:39

Having sex every day means that your partner's sperm doesn't get a chance to reboot (for lack of a better term!) - most guidelines suggest every other day, or even every third day to ensure good quantities of sperm smile good luck

smitch82 Wed 03-Apr-19 22:21:59

Hi, I am planning on doing this next cycle (if this one doesn't produce a BFP). I need to get my husband on board but he is happy to try anything (that sound dodgy 🤦‍♀️).

I have ready good things but everyone is different. It only take one time 😊

thosas20 Thu 25-Apr-19 20:33:22

Hi I know this is a bit of an older post but just wanted to say, we started TTC last month and did SMEP, I got pregnant but sadly ended in a chemical. We tried SMEP again this month and got my BFP! I would recommend it to anyone. Good luck!

Kinsella82 Thu 25-Apr-19 21:06:11

We did smep last month but it wasn't lucky for us. Trying again this month so I works say do it!

Kinsella82 Thu 25-Apr-19 21:09:25

Would*

Elbie2019 Fri 26-Apr-19 17:58:29

Thank you @thosas20. On my 9th day of flashing smilies, I finally got my LH surge. We continued with the SMEP plan and also used preseed. I’m now 9 days past ovulation and trying to wait it out being patient! There are FRER tests upstairs but I think I’ll be better waiting. Have to admit that I don’t really feel anything different except for that I haven’t got sore boobs in the way I normally would before my period. I’m trying to find the balance between not being negative but also being realistic, given that I don’t seem to have the symptoms others often seem to! My app says I’m due on on a Sunday but I’m expecting a few days later due to the later ovulation. Good luck @Kinsella82 - hope you’re successful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »