Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue ovulation help?

(5 Posts)
klj411 Wed 03-Apr-19 12:23:50

So i started using the ovulation tests yesterday not knowing where I was in my cycle. The first day of my last period was 22nd Feb. I have done pregnancy tests which have been negative. Yesterday I got an empty circle indicating low fertility. Today I have had 4 errors followed by a static smiley. Is it likely to be reliable after so many errors and starting at a random point in my cycle? Last night I did think I had some cramps maybe ovulation pains? No other signs though.

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks x

seriouslyreally Wed 03-Apr-19 13:54:42

Did you keep changing the sticks when you got the error or did you just eject it from the holder and put it back in again until it gave you a reading?

Is 22nd Feb correct for first day of your last period as that would put you on cycle day 41 and definitely outside of the testing window?? X

klj411 Wed 03-Apr-19 15:01:59

Hi. Yeah I changed the sticks everytime. Yes that was definitely the first day. I've always had irregular periods. So not sure what to make of it. X

seriouslyreally Wed 03-Apr-19 15:17:39

I don't think clearblue can be used If you have PCOS or really irregular cycles as it's generally states to start testing around cycle day 8 and then would then expect to return a peak reading within 10 days or so

As they're so expensive I would maybe do a couple of cheap strip OPKs until you get your next period and then start testing then?

Maybe you'd have more luck testing basal body temperate to pinpoint ovulation? X

klj411 Wed 03-Apr-19 16:46:41

Ah I see. I didn't realise you could use it with irregular periods.

I had used the cheaper strips earlier in the cycle and nothing was ever positive.

I didn't know if bbt would be very accurate as I work shifts so have a slightly unpredictable sleep pattern?

Thanks for your replies x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »