Talk

Advanced search

TTC after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
1990fran Wed 03-Apr-19 11:38:20

Hi all,
hope you are all well!

I am after some advice, words of support etc.

I had a miscarriage in October, was the most horrible thing I have had to go through, i am nearly 29 we have been actively trying since this to conceive again as yet with no luck, I am taking seven seas tablets, he hasn't been taking anything but now is going to start taking wellman conception tablets to see if that helps (they had great reviews) due to him working late and me at work all day, most nights he is exhausted and no energy for anything, the most time we get together to do anything is weekends, and occasionally if we have a couple of days of leave in the week. when we do have the time on weekends its 2 -3 times a day... I was doing this like a military regime but that got to much for both of us and felt to much, so just going with the flow, however we still haven't had any luck, my periods are regular so I know when my ovulation dates are etc... and have been near the ovulation dates been making more of an effort...
I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, I don't drink, smoke, the only thing I don't do is drink enough water, I have tried all the tips etc, laying down with legs in the air etc!

I am getting so angry and upset with myself that its not working out for us, my friend conceived from a one night stand not long ago and here is me months later with no luck... I feel I am getting to old, time is running away with me and it will never happen... after a year we will both get tested but I have fallen pregnant before so don't know if they will even help me.

we probably need to have sex every day id imagine to increase chances but its literally impossible with his work pattern. however for other people they don't have to do this for it to work for them, just beating myself up over it.

I just needed to vent all of this because I don't really have anyone else to talk to about it

thank you x

DarlingCoffee Wed 03-Apr-19 13:01:44

I’m sorry you are going through this. Keep going. Regular sex is really the best advice. And check your cervical mucus. I had two miscarriages and then went on to have a lovely baby, but it took me about a year and a half. Don’t lose heart you are not too old. Also I found fertility acupuncture helped me . Good luck x

Bambamber Wed 03-Apr-19 14:00:54

You're not doing anything wrong, you need to stop beating yourself up. You also need to stop comparing yourself to others. It's considered normal for it to take a year to get pregnant. I know it's really frustrating when others get pregnant quicker, I think it's just half down to luck.

You don't need to have sex everyday or multiple times a day. I think the current recommendation is every other day in the week leading up to and the day after ovulation.

TTC can be really shit, make sure you are looking after yourself both physically and mentally. Good luck!

sophied1983 Thu 04-Apr-19 14:19:57

So sorry. Miscarriages flipping suck.

I'm here if you need a chat... x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »