Talk

Advanced search

What day is the start of my period?

(4 Posts)
Ivy44 Tue 02-Apr-19 20:10:48

We have one child but I got pregnant by not doing anything to stop it rather than actively trying, tracking dates etc.

We would like another but just not doing anything to stop it hasn’t worked for the last 6 months. I’m going to start tracking my fertile window etc.

I have pretty regular (27-29 day) cycles. I do however get light spotting for a day or two before my period becomes heavy. So which day is the day my period starts, the day my spotting starts or the day that it becomes heavy and I get cramps?

By spotting, I mean that I notice it when I wipe but it’s not heavy enough to use a towel or tampon.

Jeds55 Tue 02-Apr-19 20:34:48

I was told by a doctor to count from the first day of heavy red bleeding. I also spot before period but its brown so always count cd1 as day red blood starts. All the best, trying to conceive number too here as well but it took a while of actively trying first time so got into all the tracking cycles, doing opk etc, trying to be more relaxed this time but it's not working!!

Littlefroggy18 Tue 02-Apr-19 20:36:44

Same as pp I count from 1st day of red blood/heavier flow.

Ivy44 Tue 02-Apr-19 20:48:26

Ok thanks! I’ve noticed a bit of spotting today - it is red. This should last until tomorrow when it will become quite heavy and I’ll get cramps. Might get some opk sticks too and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »