Talk

Advanced search

Pre pregnancy vitamins

(7 Posts)
Flossy04 Tue 02-Apr-19 01:02:21

Hey guys!

So me and OH have finally decided we're going to start TTC , I'm stopping my mini pill in June but am unsure about what pre natal vitamins are the best to take?

I know it's best to start taking them 3 months prior to TTC

My friend has told me that we should both start taking pre natals, but is this really needed he already has DS1 so he's clearly fine in that department wink

LiliesAndChocolate Tue 02-Apr-19 01:08:54

The only one you need to take is folic acid. If you have a varied diet rich in real food and fruits and veg, you don't need anything else.

Flossy04 Tue 02-Apr-19 01:29:32

So do we both need to take them?

LiliesAndChocolate Tue 02-Apr-19 01:37:40

No, just you and folic acid is only needed in the first 27 days of pregnancy, usually way before you are even aware you are pregnant, reason why you take it while TTC.

Save your vitamin money to buy a good range of veggies and cut on industrial, processed food and take aways.

Flossy04 Tue 02-Apr-19 01:50:55

Thank you! We don't do take away or processed foods anyway but helps to know we don't have to waste money on vitamins for him as well

Everything seems to be over whelming me at the moment now that we are taking things seriously now confusedconfused

Yakadee Tue 02-Apr-19 01:55:43

I agree folic acid is the most important but I did take vitamins (Seven seas), my husband didn't though.

Good luck x

Flossy04 Tue 02-Apr-19 01:56:56

Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »