Talk

Advanced search

Post Pill Symptoms

(3 Posts)
Lisamic86 Mon 01-Apr-19 21:23:41

Hi, I've recently stopped taking the pill (femodene) as me and husband are ready to try for baby no.2. Around a week after stopping (continued to the end of the pack) I started to suffer quite intense at times lower stomach and lower back cramps, quite similar to pre menstrual cramps. I thought at one point I was pregnant but all tests are neg. Today I also have bright almost illuminous urine (I am taking folic acid). Also spotted brown discharge for the past week. Has anyone else experienced this and how long does it last? Also had stuffy, bloody nose since stopping.

Beclaboo Mon 01-Apr-19 21:47:47

I came off the pill approx 6 weeks ago and had loads of brown discharge/spitting & cramps. I got my first period yday so I guess they are all good things! I read somewhere that spotting was due to your body producing its own hormones again

Awful news about the nose though confused

Lisamic86 Mon 01-Apr-19 22:21:35

Thanks a lot for the reply. That's good to hear. The cramps are so annoying and painful at times, did you have them for a while? With my 1st I never even got a period for 6 months then fell pregnant. I'm hoping I get one soon this time so I can get my dates in order.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »