Talk

Advanced search

Possible pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
NikolaPiccola Mon 01-Apr-19 17:13:43

I'm on the copper IUD so for me, it's really important to be aware of a pregnancy because of possible problems.

This may be a bit TMI but around the time I was fertile and a few days prior to ovulation, I experienced bleeding and pain after sex for the first time since having the coil (started in November.) I went and got it checked out a week later and everything seemed alright though there was a bit of bleeding still.

I'm now 12DPO and for around 8 or so days, I've been terribly bloated, constipated, been getting dizzy, I've felt waves of nausea (particularly at the sight of mashed potatoes lol) and I've also had joint pains. I can see a few veins in my breasts which I'm not sure I've had before.

Today I had this weird cramping. It wasn't like my period cramping as it didn't happen in the middle of my lower abdomen, but rather in my lower left. it's like I can feel it inside of my vagina, if that makes sense. The pain is very dull, it almost feels like a tingling sort of stinging more than anything.

I have already had several negative pregnancy tests but those were done a few days after I ovulated (and some were the crappy hospital ones that test after a missed period,) and were mandatory for my checkup. Is it a possibility that this could be pregnancy? I've never had so many symptoms and I've been told by both my boyfriend and sister that they think I'm pregnant (I tried not to be insulted lol.)

Has anyone experienced something similar? confused

codenameduchess Mon 01-Apr-19 17:20:21

Honestly, I doubt you'd have symptoms so soon after ovulation as a fertilised egg implants around 7-12 dpo and that's when you start producing hcg.

But, the only way to know is to do a test... get some FRERs and you'll know either way.

NikolaPiccola Mon 01-Apr-19 17:25:33

codenameduchess Yes, but I've been told by the nurses that symptoms can start as soon as the egg is fertilized, they just get worse once implantation occurs smile

codenameduchess Mon 01-Apr-19 18:03:03

I doubt that I'm fairness, until implantation it's not much different from your normal luteal phase. You can't get an answer online though- it's completely possible to have 'pregnancy' symptoms and not be pregnant especially if you're looking out for it (I've spent years ttc so know this well).

Grab yourself a pack of tests and find out.

NikolaPiccola Mon 01-Apr-19 18:22:23

@Codenameduchess they did get worse, particularly the past 4 days where they've been a bit of a nuisance (I laid in bed for 3 hours last night because I was so nauseous.) I'm not trying to conceive but these are so unusual for me that it's not hard to notice, if you get me?

It's a possibility that my IUD was somehow displaced (hence the bleeding and pain) and I am waiting for an ultrasound but that'll be in a few months. I do have 2 pregnancy tests coming on the day of my due period though lol. It is making me consider having the coil taken out with all the issues it causes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »