Talk

Advanced search

Supplements that aid/increase chances of fertility?

(17 Posts)
mila1988 Mon 01-Apr-19 17:12:30

we've been TTC for 7 months with no luck, I've just bought preseed which we will start using but I want to know if there are any vitamins/supplements we can both take that will also increase our chances.
Were both already taking folic acid 400mg.
We want to go all in next month and hopefully end with a BFP!

greenelephantscarf Mon 01-Apr-19 17:13:40

selenium
any conception/pregnancy vits should contain it.

motherone Mon 01-Apr-19 17:17:58

I used a supplement called infolic and it helped me google it

ckc45d10 Tue 02-Apr-19 22:23:31

A water and fat-soluble CoQ10 which absorbs better may help support fertility in both men and women!

Newyearsameoldshit Wed 03-Apr-19 08:52:09

I got pregnant after my husband started taking Wellman conception supplements - I maintain it was a total coincidence but he's convinced that's what did it!

mila1988 Wed 03-Apr-19 11:20:49

Thank you ladies! much appreciated smile

seriouslyreally Wed 03-Apr-19 13:56:21

Coq10 available from boots/Holland and Barratt and Proceive Max (or standard Proceive if you're under 35) x

LittleKitty1985 Wed 03-Apr-19 14:01:00

There's good recent evidence to show that a reduction in sugar intake boosts fertility, particularly in men

Rainbodash Wed 03-Apr-19 14:15:59

Research agnus castus (for you). Also Wellman conception (for him). Pre-seed is a good shout too X

seriouslyreally Wed 03-Apr-19 14:19:44

Also try fertility acupuncture- I'm giving it a go - was sceptical at first but everything I've read seems to suggest there are some benefits x

mila1988 Wed 03-Apr-19 14:44:12

@rainbadosh have you had positive results with Preseed? I've heard so much good stuff about it but i really don't want to get my hopes up high.

seriouslyreally Wed 03-Apr-19 14:46:27

If you are getting regular fertile cervical mucus - the egg white stuff then you don't need Preseed - tried it once - really really really messy and felt yucky - tried again instead taking it about 1/2 hour before doing the deed but it made baby making feel even more contrived and forced than normal (and that's saying something!) x

mila1988 Wed 03-Apr-19 15:21:43

I don't get obvious signs of fertility and my cycle always changes by up to 5 days so I never know exactly when I'm ovulating. The ovulation sticks aren't so accurate and the Dr has suggested I stop using them. I don't think i get cervical mucus either.
I have heard it can get really very messy but I think we both are at desperation stage. Especially after my bestie announcing her pregnancy recently sad

Lexilooo Wed 03-Apr-19 16:54:36

Have you tried charting your temperature? I am trying that this month to try and pin down ovulation

mila1988 Wed 03-Apr-19 17:05:45

No I haven't, I don't know much about charting temp. Do you measure temp every morning? What would the temp need to be to know that you are ovulating?

Lexilooo Wed 03-Apr-19 22:10:49

If you take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed with a thermometer that is accurate to 2 decimal places and input it into an app like fertility friend it will do it for you. You are looking for a change in temperature so you have to track it daily.

EL8888 Wed 03-Apr-19 22:20:56

For her; l take pregnacare, B6 (my cycles are short at the moment compared to how they used to be), royal jelly and ubiquinol (like co q10)

For him: pregnacare for men, zinc and selenium

That’s what my partner and l are taking

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »