Talk

Advanced search

Now I'm not sure? Conflicting results

(7 Posts)
needsomeadvice28 Mon 01-Apr-19 13:50:19

Hi.

I did a First Response test this morning and within 5 minutes was clearly positive. I actually had a thread going in pregnancy because I was worried over drinking at the weekend. On Saturday a test negative and this pink test is the only positive. Just did a clear blue digital and it was negative.

Was the FR a false positive?

longnight Mon 01-Apr-19 13:53:03

It's more likely to be the CB isn't sensitive enough to pick up the hgc levels yet. False negatives are more likely then false positives. Looking at them I'd definitely say you are pregnant but taking another non digital may help you confirm if your really unsure.

hcopp Mon 01-Apr-19 13:54:37

FRERs are known for their accuracy, and are more sensitive than digital ones.

Hormone levels are supposed to double every 48 hours, so try again on Wednesday morning, if you can bear the wait?

Best of luck.
HCxx

needsomeadvice28 Mon 01-Apr-19 15:18:33

Thank you. I'll try and re-test this week.

needsomeadvice28 Mon 01-Apr-19 18:37:46

I found a cheap test and it was a faint positive. Just an update in case anyone else is in the same boat- clearly digis aren't very sensitive.

Yakadee Tue 02-Apr-19 02:00:03

@needsomeadvice28 - they really aren't! I got a really positive frer and it still tool days to get a positive on a digital!

Congratulations x

Alicewond Tue 02-Apr-19 02:03:07

Congrats and don’t worry about drinking at the weekend, many a baby has been conceived on alcohol smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »