Talk

Advanced search

Advice on Conceiving with IRREGULAR PERIODS?

(8 Posts)
EssJayyCee Sun 31-Mar-19 22:39:59

I have really random cycles in the last 6 months ranging from 18-64 days..

Has anyone conceived with irregular cycles and got any tips?

Thankssmile

barneymcgroo Sun 31-Mar-19 22:47:06

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/l1047500/what-cervical-mucus-looks-like-photos

Have a look at the link above. Worth getting to know what your body does during your cycle and when you're at your most fertile.

Cheerfulcharlie Sun 31-Mar-19 22:57:53

Acupuncture is incredible for regulating periods - it worked for me within a couple of months and I had very long irregular cycles. Also look at the interaction with insulin and try to regulate your blood sugar / cut out sugar & high GI foods.

SnowdropsiUnderTrees Sun 31-Mar-19 22:58:06

Have frequent sex. Every 2 days.
Also what worked for me, bizarrely, was cuddling a newborn and sniffing its head!!
Best of luck.

agteacht Sun 31-Mar-19 23:42:06

Definitely use OPKs. But a large pack on amazon and start using them a week after AF stop. Also cervical mucus very telling. Have you looked into why your cycles are so long?

hopll Sun 31-Mar-19 23:47:44

I have, I conceived what was supposed to be a week before my period. I get cycles ranging from roughly 25-54 days and I tried all different strategies and tracked my period with apps etc and happened to conceive when I wasn't considered fertile! I'd have sex every two days or as often as you can

EssJayyCee Mon 01-Apr-19 09:41:39

Thank you all for your replies!

@agteacht I have been using OPK's for the last 3 months but with work I can only do them first thing in the morning and in the evenings so I think I miss my surge. I have only seen one positive in all that time and a few very faint negative lines.
Also, I went to the doctors about it and had blood tests which were all normal, i had an ultrasound which showed tiny cysts in my right ovary and was told apart from not knowing when my periods were coming everything should be okay and is normal.

@hopll that is great news! Thank you so much that makes me feel better about the whole thing! We will have to try sex every 2 days and hope for the best!

I have been tracking BBT but the cycle I am on now has been really up and down because I was on holiday at the beginning of it so i was naturally warmer anyway.. and since I've been back home I keep waking up at random times in the night so the timing of taking my temperature has had to change so it's not been too accurate.

@SnowdropsiUnderTrees that is bizarre... I work in a nursery with babies of all ages.. maybe that will help me some how? 🤣

CuppaSarah Mon 01-Apr-19 13:59:21

Tracking BBT and OPKS were essential for me when my periods were the irregular. Otherwise we just got shagged out every long cycle, or caught out every short cycle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »