Talk

Advanced search

TTC after LLETZ procedure

(8 Posts)
MrsB899 Sun 31-Mar-19 21:48:13

Has anyone struggled to get pregnant after a LLETZ or come across any problems in pregnancy due to this. I had a LLETZ due to CIN3 in mid 2017 and we're just TTC and this is constantly at the back of my mind. TIA.

Rolyboo Sun 31-Mar-19 22:21:52

I’ll follow this as I have also had LLETZ, over 4 years ago when I was only 23. I can’t give any advice other than I wasn’t told it would be an issue, just that I may be more likely to have a premature baby (but some things say that this isn’t true).
Would love to know anyone’s experiences

MrsB899 Sun 31-Mar-19 22:24:18

@Rolyboo I was told by the doctor on the day that if I went on to have any more children I may need a stitch to prevent going into premature Labour

Comps83 Sun 31-Mar-19 22:26:33

Aw man I didn’t even think about this. I had it done 10 years ago.

MissMilly88 Sun 31-Mar-19 22:28:03

I've had two lletz procedures and am 35 weeks pregnant. The only issue I could have a is a premature baby but obviously this is unlikely to be a problem for me now. I don't think conception would be an issue.

alwaysthinkingofsleep Sun 31-Mar-19 22:33:39

I had 2 LLETZ procedures albeit 7 years prior to having my first child. I was repeatedly told that it does not effect fertility however can effect womb competency & thus chance (small, I think) of prem babies. I have had 4 pregnancies so it certainly didn't effect my fertility.

MrsB899 Sun 31-Mar-19 22:34:28

Aww ladies thank you so much for your replies, so reassuring to hear

Rolyboo Sun 31-Mar-19 22:56:37

Reassuring to hear it shouldn’t affect ttc. I’m only in cycle 1 and trying to stay relaxed about it all confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »