Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation tests

(4 Posts)
Addicted89 Sun 31-Mar-19 15:49:32

This is my first month of using LH tests after a miscarriage last July. I thought I ovulated on cd15, going by the test, but the line seemed to get weaker, then today is looks stronger.
Does anyone have any experience using these tests?

I had a cd21 peogesterone test last month which showed I was ovulating, i just need to work out when!

RyvitaBrevis Sun 31-Mar-19 18:02:17

The tests measure the LH surge, which can last for 2-3 days, and ovulation should occur roughly 24-36 hours after that. The surge is measured whenever the line is as dark as or darker than the control.

So from the photo, I would agree with you that the LH surge starts on CD15, because that line is just about as dark as the control. It's possible that the LH surge continued until CD17. CD16 may have given a light reading because the test is more accurate in the afternoon than the morning. So when exactly did you ovulate? It could have been any day from around CD15-17. But that's this month -- next month could be different.

Personally I think it's worth tracking CM as well, because it's a sign you can act on in real time (if you see very stretchy EWCM, you know what to do!).

Addicted89 Sun 31-Mar-19 19:58:02

Thank you, that’s really helpful.

I have been trying to track CM but I haven’t really had much since the miscarriage. Prior to getting pregnant last time it was quite a reliable way for tracking ovulation.

I’ll keep tracking for the next few cycles and hope something happens.

farmmumtomillie Sun 31-Mar-19 21:09:02

So your LH surge is apparently around 2pm so afternoon is much more accurate
It's normal to have a surge for a few days. Sometimes you build up to ovulation but something happens that sets it back, or it may be you ovulated from both ovaries just on different days! I would DTD tonight to be safe! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »