Talk

Advanced search

What's the difference between AF pain and possible early pregnancy pain?

(8 Posts)
SunStruck Sun 31-Mar-19 10:56:06

Asking the ladies here whom have been pregnant before! I've never (to my knowledge) been pregnant and currently in my TWW so over-analyzing everything of course 🙄

I usually get quite crampy before and during AF so I know that feeling at least! I can definitely feel my lower abdomen at the moment, not very painful etc but can feel it just like AF will be due in a day or so. Little bit bloated/swollen too.

Bumpingalong84 Sun 31-Mar-19 11:11:04

Hi, just thought I’d share that I got my bfp last Sunday, on Friday and Saturday it felt like AF was just around the corner!! Lots of cramps, some brown and pink spotting is pretty much the only symptoms I had! This is my second pregnancy and with my first DD I had pretty much exactly the same symptoms that I thought I had come on but it was implantation.

Good luck smile

SunStruck Sun 31-Mar-19 11:38:41

@Bumpingalong84 congratulations!!! 😄😄 you must be so excited!

Thanks for your reply, I'm hoping! I've ever really spotted before, so we will see, but I'm definitely crampy.

Lammoshay Mon 01-Apr-19 12:58:21

I’m the same- due in a week but feeling crampy and bloated 🤞

LegoCake Mon 01-Apr-19 13:07:06

My cramps were exactly the same as normal AF. DD is now 5 smile

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you

SunStruck Mon 01-Apr-19 13:28:51

@LegoCake thanks so much! Bought an early pregnancy test today, going to hold out for Friday before testing😄

@Lammoshay fingers crossed for us...

Poppins2016 Tue 02-Apr-19 02:18:47

There wasn't really any difference!

I didn't have any spotting at all and thought it was odd that I had period pain but no period... I had a negative test around the time my period would have been due (which was a bit frustrating because I had a 'feeling'!) followed by a faint positive a couple of days later when my period still hadn't shown up.

Smotheroffive Tue 02-Apr-19 02:40:53

Also had these crampy feelings.

This will not tell you anything blush.

Carry on as usual and keep busy. You will soon know. Keeping everything crossed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »