Talk

Advanced search

Ttc/ cycles after MC

(5 Posts)
WombatStewForTea Sun 31-Mar-19 08:56:15

I've just MC this weekend. Was only 6 weeks but can anyone shed any light on whether this bleed counts as day 1 of a new cycle? Am I likely to not ovulate this cycle? My cycles are usually very regular 31 days but I ovulate around day 20.
Should I get back on it and start doing OPKs again?
Any insights very welcome as I feel there's so much I don't know

Bambamber Sun 31-Mar-19 13:33:25

It does indeed count as day 1, some women do ovulate in the first cycle but there's no way for sure of knowing if you will, or when you will. Your cycles may not follow their usual pattern to begin with, the drs say that your first period should be between 4-6 weeks after the miscarriage. I got pregnant in my first cycle after my miscarriage but i didn't even ovulate until 7 weeks after the miscarriage.

When to start trying is completely up to you, if you feel ready and you have the all clear from your Dr then go for it. Sorry for your loss flowers

Michellebops Sun 31-Mar-19 15:26:03

Sorry for your loss. I wouldn't count this as cd1. You're bleeding but it's not a period.

It is possible to get pregnant without having a period but not recommended. You should wait until you have a negative hpt.

I was still getting positive tests for 7 weeks after my miscarriage.

My period returned after 9.5 weeks.

Good luck ❤️

WombatStewForTea Sun 31-Mar-19 18:05:42

Thanks ladies. I had a blood test done at the hospital and they said Hcg was almost 0 (which confused me a bit tbh as a week earlier I'd had a bfp so unless I miscarried earlier than I thought).
I didnt think to ask the doctor about when I could ttc again

Bambamber Sun 31-Mar-19 18:11:55

As long as you've had no medication to help the miscarriage along and the drs have confirmed everything has passed, you can try as soon as you feel able. If you had a natural complete miscarriage, the only reason why it's recommended to have a period before trying again is so it's easier to date the pregnancy. I was given the go ahead to try again straight after I had a scan to confirm everything had passed. Sometimes you have to wait to try if you had medical intervention

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »