Talk

Advanced search

worried

(14 Posts)
jmgX Sat 30-Mar-19 10:56:23

me and my dp have not used protection in over a year and have failed to get pregnant. we have gone by the saying 'if it happens, it happens'. what steps do i need to take before i can express my concerns to the gp?

saffy347 Sat 30-Mar-19 23:45:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yakadee Sun 31-Mar-19 05:38:31

@jmgX - sorry to hear you're worried. I'd echo pp and look at pin pointing ovulation. Good luck x

cloudymelonade Sun 31-Mar-19 06:23:38

How often are you having sex OP?

kaytee87 Sun 31-Mar-19 08:55:37

Not a bad idea to track ovulation but you should be having sex every other day throughout your cycle in order to give yourself the best chance.

jmgX Sun 31-Mar-19 10:05:08

thank you everyone. i started tracking this month and got two lines on the 12th and 14th so don't know how accurate that really is. only been dtd about 2/3 times a week so i will definitely dtd more the next cycle. 💕

jmgX Sun 31-Mar-19 10:05:50

forgot to add my cycles can be anything between 30- 36 days so its really tricky x

Explorers10 Sun 31-Mar-19 10:34:58

@jmgX

If you been trying for over a year there is no harm in going to gp. You just need to say you have been trying for over a year. They will ask you questions about whether you a stressed, smoke, drink etc and then arrange for blood tests. The blood tests could all come back normal or highlight something abnormal levels. Hope that helps.

jmgX Wed 03-Apr-19 18:50:19

using opks i had two solid lines on the 12th march and 14th march? not sure how accurate these are. i havnt seen AF yet but have been spotting since.

jmgX Wed 03-Apr-19 18:50:44

sorry spotting since the 1st

KatnissMellark Wed 03-Apr-19 18:54:49

DTD every 2-3 days should be enough, and if you've been doing that all year and not fallen pregnant, then sorry, but I'd be worried too. You don't need to do anything else before you see GP so I would do that ASAP if I were you. As pp say tracking ovulation is a good idea too, but honestly I'd go to GP and get the ball rolling as getting into the fertility system and to the point of receiving help if you need it takes ages.

jmgX Wed 03-Apr-19 18:58:28

@KatnissMellark thanks for commenting. im only 24 so i still am quite young but it obviously is concerning when it hasnt happened yet whilst not using protection. i had a ultrasound a year or so ago as it can be painful during intercourse. there was never and answer given to me for this and the sonogropher told me everything looked fine so dont know if that helps?

KatnissMellark Wed 03-Apr-19 19:03:20

The fact that you're 24 is great, it means you have plenty of time to try, and to get treatment of you need it. Age is only one factor in fertility though, many conditions which cause issues are not associated with age though, for example pcos, endometriosis. I was 25 when DH and I started trying and hoped it would happen quickly as we were young. However we suffer male factor infertility so my age had nothing to do with it! Took four rounds of IVF to finally have DS at 30 and just had three failed attempts at a sibling, going into the eighth shortly.

jmgX Wed 03-Apr-19 19:08:45

@KatnissMellark oh wow! good luck with that hope it happens for you. my partner is younger than me he is 20 so not sure if he is too young to go for any tests

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »