Talk

Advanced search

I am not virgin Mary, I am not virgin Mary, I AM NOT VIRGIN MARY.

(20 Posts)
Shortandsweet96 Fri 29-Mar-19 12:31:18

Basically, we didn't dtd at the right time this month as I've been poorly so only dtd after my fertile period. Way after and not alot. I've also done a few OPKs over the days and none were quite positive.
So I've ruled out March, waiting for AF to arrive, due on today.
Shes not here yet, I've not had any PMS, I have no symptoms of period or pregnancy so I dont really have my hopes up but as the hours with no AF arriving go by I'm getting it more and more stuck in my head "what if i ovulated really early or late" but that means i would have had to have ovulated either a few days after my last AF or a week or less before this AF is due.

I need someone to be harsh and remind me that I am not going to be magically pregnant this month. Get over it, move on to April.

That or someone tell me their ovulated 5 days before AF and got pregnant and its a miracle and feed my obsessive behaviour.

Thanks smile

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Fri 29-Mar-19 12:33:15

Well it’s quite normal to ovulate late if you’ve been ill. Unfortunately it’s just a wait and see situation.

ApolloandDaphne Fri 29-Mar-19 12:33:34

If you had unprotected sex then of course you could be pregnant. Of course there is always a time in each month when you are most fertile but the body is a weird machine and doesn't always abide by the textbook. Get some tests in!

LifeIsToughMate Fri 29-Mar-19 12:35:15

you are not the virgin MARY! Lol

HTH

SwoopTheJackpot Fri 29-Mar-19 12:39:36

If you did it before your most fertile days, there is a still a chance. Being ill can mess with your period.

Shortandsweet96 Fri 29-Mar-19 12:42:49

@lifeistoughmate

THANK YOU.

I want realistic not probability and facts. I know it CAN happen, but the probability is it WONT happen this month.

I might have a mental breakdown if I get my hopes up again knowing it's pretty unlikely this month. Why can I just get pregnant the first time around like everyone I know envy

Shortandsweet96 Fri 29-Mar-19 12:44:14

I feel like testing is jinxing.
Especially whennim only due on today. Maybe when in late I may test. But feels abit like playing with fire.

Jeds55 Fri 29-Mar-19 14:53:32

Hahaha, I think I may be Virgin Mary this month so am afraid you cant be grinNever had a positive opk this month and only dtd once way after usual ov day but yet still I cling onto hope so we are in the same crazy boat.

Shortandsweet96 Fri 29-Mar-19 15:40:32

@jeds55 I'm glad I'm not the intl crazy one grin

TheChineseChicken Fri 29-Mar-19 16:52:31

Not wanting to put a dampener on things but if you ovulated late then your AF wouldn't be due yet anyway since your luteal phase would be the same length.

However, if I were you I totally would have tested by now!

OneDayillSleep Fri 29-Mar-19 23:14:19

I got pregnant with my second child the day my period was due (the scan confirmed this when my date was moved back 2 weeks), it’s not impossible to get pregnant outside your usual window. If you are tracking though and know you ovulated mid way through your cycle and didn’t have sex anywhere near then well the chances are slim. I thought my periods had settled back to normal, I had a 9 month old and was breastfeeding, I’d had 2 periods bang on 28 days. I felt crampy and could tell my period was on its way so I said to my husband, “we’re safe I can’t possibly get pregnant, my period is due today”.

Chances of it happening are slim, so yeah you aren’t the Virgin Mary!

NewAccount270219 Fri 29-Mar-19 23:19:02

I'm going to feed your obsessive behaviour... I once got pregnant on a 'definitely can't conceive that day' day (sadly it was one of my miscarriages, which makes it a less cheery story). I was both temping and using OPKs and it shouldn't have been possible. It made me realise a) how unfair and random the whole thing is - this was after a previous period where we had perfectly timed sex for eight months and I didn't conceive, but the one month we actively tried to avoid the fertile period it happened and b) why I will never, ever use one of the 'track your fertility' contraceptive apps, and why I shudder when friends (who don't want to get pregnant) say they use them

Shortandsweet96 Sat 30-Mar-19 03:28:51

All these stories, all the possibilities! wink

I bought a cheap test from the local pharmacy, just woke up at 3am needing a wee but holding out for about 6am.

It might will be negative.

butterflykiss00 Sat 30-Mar-19 06:06:41

Good luck testing 🤞🏼

PregnantSea Sat 30-Mar-19 06:11:39

The most likely point of conception is "no way it could happen this month because blah blah blah...". It's sod's law. Didn't you learn about this in your school science lessons?!

On a serious note, good luck OP. Let us know what the test says...

Cantchooseaname Sat 30-Mar-19 06:15:21

The crazy and ridiculous world we end up in.
Keeping fingers crossed for you.
If it helps- my positive came after random month of not ‘trying’ because stress was messing with my head.

Dollywilde Sat 30-Mar-19 06:15:56

Haha, I needed this thread last month... we aren’t officially trying so dtd on cd 24 and I convinced myself it was enough. Spoiler alert, it was not 😂

Have you POAS yet op?

Weenurse Sat 30-Mar-19 06:19:29

💐

Nowthenforever2019 Sat 30-Mar-19 06:21:06

Any news op?

Shortandsweet96 Sat 30-Mar-19 07:53:14

Just what I thought..
negative! Still no AF, not even the cramps I get for a day or so before her.

Holidays were not in the contract I gave AF when we first met.

Will test again soon. Crazy brain is still not convinced. Need more evidence..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »