Talk

Advanced search

Trying to conceive after being on the pill

(4 Posts)
Thinkcalmthoughts Wed 27-Mar-19 19:30:34

Had my first child when I was 19/20 wasn't planned was supposed to be on the pill but was young and stupid and in love so thought by only taking it a week before I saw him would still work so didn't lol

Anyway fell pregnant he left so done it on my own with the help of my family. Since having my DD I was put back on the combined pill which I took every day then had a break like your supposed to do as had no idea if and when I would start dating again.
I was put on the mini pill late 2017 so no AF was a good thing lol

I have now met my future hubby and we are hoping to have a child together. I came off the mini pill late Aug 2018 and have been recording AF every month on a app
I'm taking a multi vit that contains folic acid iron and some vitamin and have recently got my partner some multivitamins to help boost things on his side. We are both attending a gym to get fit and lose weight before the wedding too and trying to eat better.

I was wondering how long did any of yous have to wait after being on the pill for so long to fall pregnant and what else can we do to help things along?

By the way I'm 35 going on 36 and hes just turned 44

crazychemist Thu 28-Mar-19 17:33:47

Many people seem to have no issue at all coming off the pill and then starting ttc straight away.

When I was ttc#1, I came off the pill 6 months before we wanted to start and used condoms, that gave me a chance to get used to my cycle and what it was normally like (had been on the pill since 15)

PBobs Fri 29-Mar-19 01:58:38

It took one cycle after coming off the pill. I had been on it for 10+ years with a few months off here and there. I'm now 29+4 and I'm 38, DH is 41. You're doing much better than we did on preparation. Not sure I took any folic acid until I was 4-5 weeks pregnant. Didn't expect it to happen quite so quickly.

Middlrm Fri 29-Mar-19 02:05:06

I came off the pill in the October used condoms then started reign in Feb and fell pregnant straight away.

I also used primrose oil... cut down inf cofffee and drank more water ...my cousin said said the primrose oil makes your mucus more friendly for the sperm... you take it for 2 weeks I think after a cycle but it was just over a year ago now when I stopped ..( . you stop when your pregnant.) hydration is also key x x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »