Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy test strips

(7 Posts)
Wishing56 Wed 27-Mar-19 12:23:04

Hi

I used 5 clearblue/FRER last month which is an expensive habit, so looking for recommendations on cheaper pregnancy strips and where to buy.

Thanks!

Weathergirl1 Wed 27-Mar-19 13:33:15

One Step 10mui test strips from Amazon. I think I bought 20 for about £3-4.

I got a feint line on one at 11dpo which got stronger after AF due date. So can say that they work. Never used a shop bought type of test - not only are these significantly cheaper, but they also contain less disposable plastic too which was another of my concerns!

Good luck OP!

mommato3 Wed 27-Mar-19 17:23:05

I buy internet cheapies on eBay. Paid less than £5 for 20 but when it's testing time for me I get obsessed. I only use the digis once I've had a good few positives on the ic

Comps83 Wed 27-Mar-19 17:38:06

Just don’t trust any lines on them unless they are really obvious and you've backed it up with a more expensive one as they’re bad for evaps

LividLaughLove Wed 27-Mar-19 17:50:55

Disagree with above about evaps. I think the majority of "evap" stories online are chemicals.

Done approximately twelfty zillion internet cheapies and there's never a hint of a line unless I was pregnant.

However, the last batch I had did show a hint of shadow two or three days AFTER a FRER did, so they're not necessarily awesome for the earliest of detections. Cheaper, though, for sure, and will probably show from about 12dpo if you are happy to squint.

whitehalleve Wed 27-Mar-19 18:02:46

Poundland 5 for £1, just the same as NHS ones.

Wishing56 Wed 27-Mar-19 22:29:45

Thanks ladies. Think i will get some. I have a clear blue digital in the cupboard which i can use if i ever get a positive on a cheap one to confirm.
I dont tend to test early anymore so hopefully they will do the job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »