Talk

Advanced search

Ovia app confusing :-(

(9 Posts)
emily2323 Wed 27-Mar-19 10:43:00

Can anyone help shed some light please? I am in my fertile window on Ovia app however still showing negative on ovulation stick and no EWCM. Should I still be DTD as in the fertile window? I have heard you should DTD in the days before ovulation as the sperm stays alive.. would be grateful for any thoughts! Thanks xx

Bumpingalong84 Wed 27-Mar-19 10:51:02

Hi, just thought I’d share that ovia had my ovulation dates wrong. This last month I used CB ovulation sticks and smit showed that I didn’t actually ovulate till4 days after ovia predicted. I got my bfp on Sunday.

Good luck

emily2323 Wed 27-Mar-19 10:53:34

Thank you, that's reassuring. Can I ask how often you tested with the ovulation sticks? Congrats on your BFP 😊 xx

RaspberryBubblegum Wed 27-Mar-19 10:57:55

I would recommend using the clearblue Ov sticks as there's 10 or 20 in a pack. My ovulation is always later than predicted. I used to buy the cheap sticks with the lines but they never told me I'd ovulated. Got pregnant first month using the more expensive ones, both times! grin good luck! flowers

ducksandacorns Wed 27-Mar-19 11:34:53

Just check that you've added the correct number of days that AF lasts for. I had it set to 4 rather than 3 and when I corrected it my fertile window had changed

Bumpingalong84 Wed 27-Mar-19 11:48:48

@emily2323 I used the ones with low, high and peak. I started in the morning on day 9 of my cycle and got a few days of blank circles, then about 5days of flashing before I go my peak. This was the first month I’d used them so for me I’d say they were worth every penny.

Bumpingalong84 Wed 27-Mar-19 11:50:00

It says to just test in the mornings which I did then on day 4 I tested in the evening and it was flashing then In the morning it was a static smile.

whyhaveidonethis Sat 30-Mar-19 08:42:51

I was using ovia and found it really a bit shit. I use FF now and it gives a much clearer picture

RLI1105 Sat 30-Mar-19 08:54:06

I'm using Ovia and so far it's been pretty accurate for me but it needed a couple of months to get used to my cycles if that makes sense. That being said this is our first month TTC so we'll see!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »