Talk

Advanced search

TMI warning- ovulating/ menstruating

(4 Posts)
tralaladoobeedoo Mon 25-Mar-19 20:14:49

Hi all
I've NC as this is probably an unnecessary lesson in biology that I should know but here goes.

Is it possible to ovulate during your period ?
I only ask as I'm on at the moment and whilst looking for sanitary products in bathroom cupboard I came across my batch of ovulation tests- I do one every so often as been trying for DC2 since early 2017 (DC1 took just under 4 years)

So I weed on one to be blunt and got a faint line.

I've heard having your period isn't a form of contraception so I was hopeful that maybe the reason it's taking so long is because we never have sex during that time?! What if I have funky ovulation times? orrrr could I have it all wrong and it just be period hormones causing the line !

Please help a gal out who dropped out of biology a-level for just not getting the basics 😂

ConfusionIsNothingNew Mon 25-Mar-19 20:26:34

I think you always get a faint line on ovulation tests, as you'll always have some LH in your system. For the test to be positive the result line needs to be as dark or darker than the control.

tralaladoobeedoo Mon 25-Mar-19 20:32:02

Ahh that's probably it then !!
Thanks for responding, it did seem a bit strange smile

justchecking1 Mon 25-Mar-19 22:14:00

You can ovulate during your period, particularly if your cycles are very short. But the PP is right that it wasn't positive in your case 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »