Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleeding/period - someone talk some sense into me!

(6 Posts)
TwinkleStars15 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:27:00

I think I need a slap round the face and a talking to! We are ttc and had sex twice around the time of ovulation. Started bleeding yesterday so thought we were out, the first bit of blood was bright red so looked exactly like period blood. However....not had a lot since then, not even enough to fill a pad but definitely still bleeding a little bit. As with most of us who are ttc, we look for every symptom going! Could this just be a slow period or is there any chance it could be from implantation? I feel so bloody stupid taking a test when I could be on my period, I mean, seriously, how silly is that!

sassenach84 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:34:21

Are you due now? Where in the cycle are you?

I had brown spotting for FOUR days last cycle starting on the day of period due. Was super excited but couldn't get my hands on a test as was on holiday. Was convinced must be implantation bleeding. Full on period came after the four days. Afterwards realised I was being stupid for thinking it was implantation on the day period was due hmm Last pregnancy I had implantation bleeding DPO 6 so clearly very different timing. Not sure what I was thinking this time around!

TwinkleStars15 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:40:27

sassenach84 my cycles vary from 28 - 35 days so hard to tell, but think I was 11/12 dpo yesterday. Is that too late for implantation bleeding? Ttc is such a head f* isn’t it! Makes even the most sensible people turn a bit crazy confused

sassenach84 Mon 25-Mar-19 18:43:55

I think DPO 12 is still possible though at the tail end of it. Wait a day or two if you can and see what happens with the 'period'. The implantation bleeding I had with my first pregnancy was just spotting and didn't require a pad.

TwinkleStars15 Mon 25-Mar-19 19:00:25

Same, my previous pregnancy was only spotting too. Think I’m going mad, thanks for the responses x

Bumpingalong84 Mon 25-Mar-19 19:09:45

Hi @TwinkleStars15 don’t feel sorry for testing. We all go a little crazy with this trying to conceive lark.

My experience of implantation has always been dark brown and slight bits of fresher pinky/red. Never really bright red personally. I’m having it currently with my second pregnancy, I’ve only just found out but recognise it all from first time round. I hope this helps. If it is I’d give it at least 3days before you test.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »