Talk

Advanced search

How to reduce luteal phase length?

(8 Posts)
Pambo81 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:52:36

Hi ladies
Anybody successfully managed to reduce thrir luteal phase? If so what do you reccomend?
Im currently cd 38 and no sign of ovulation - luteal phase seems to be slowly getting longer
Thanks

Mamabear12 Sun 24-Mar-19 16:05:57

Diet plays a factor for cycle. For me if I have a bad diet my cycle gets shorter like 23-25 days. My ideal is 28 day cycle, which I’m like clock work if I eat healthy. Others diet might make cycles longer depending. Google diet and fertility and follow those tips.

agteacht Sun 24-Mar-19 17:25:26

Hi @Pambo81

I tried taking soy isoflavones and I believe they have helped me to shorten my cycles although it's the first cycle I've tried. I normally ovulate around CD23-26 and cycles last 36-40 days but this cycle I believe I ovulated on day16. If that's correct AF or a BFP will come in about a weeks time as I am 5dpo now. I will let you know...

It's worth reading up on them. I took them days 3-7 I think.

Have you had hormones tested, eg could it be that you have PCOS?

agteacht Sun 24-Mar-19 17:26:50

No actually I took them day 2-6. If you read up on them you'll see you can either take them day 1-5, 2-6, 3-7 etc. It has to be at the start of your cycle

PatrickMerricksGoshawk Sun 24-Mar-19 18:07:13

It’s the luteal phase that comes after ovulation. The length of the luteal phase usually doesn’t vary much from cycle to cycle. The follicular phase is before ovulation, and can be very variable. Anything and everything might affect it, diet, stress, you name it! Sorry I don’t have any specific recommendations.

Pambo81 Sun 24-Mar-19 20:09:37

Hi ladies thanks for replying to me

@Mamabear12 im starting the zita west eat yourself pregnant plan on monday so hopefully I'll see the impact of lots of good stuff in my diet!

@agteacht that sounds really interesting! Ive never heard of them but shall read up on them now. Yes please keep me updated and fingers crossed you get your bfp!
Not sure about pcos - my doctors are dragging their feet at referring me for tests despite me being 37 and having ttc for 14 months

@PatrickMerricksGoshawk im such an idiot sometimes - yes the follicular phase - thats what i meant! Thanks for pointing it out smile

MapleAndCats Sun 24-Mar-19 20:22:32

As PP said, the luteal phase basically never changes. Only the follicular phase. Healthy diet, exercise, low stress, enough sleep, and a healthy body weight. Get day 3 and day 21 bloods in case you have any hormonal issues that should be addressed.

MakeAWhish Sun 24-Mar-19 20:41:13

Have you tried Angus castus? I used it when conceiving my first and my third with great success. It bought my ovulation forward. You take it from cd1 until cd14. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »