Talk

Advanced search

How many cycles did it take you to conceive after MC?

(55 Posts)
queenqueenqueen Sat 23-Mar-19 09:38:03

Hi, just looking for some other people's experiences because I'm starting to feel really down in the dumps.

It is my 7th cycle since my miscarriage and still nothing ☹️

Came off nexplanon implant in may 2018, pregnant August, miscarried September.

Weirdly I've had blood (only a small, pink amount) during 2 cycles around the time ovulation should have occurred and again this cycle. Have sought GP advice and they reassured me that everything I'm going through is "normal" yet it doesn't feel like it to me 😥

Any words of encouragement very welcome, really feel like shit 😔

Michellebops Thu 28-Mar-19 14:43:34

@Confused38 I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Please chat to us anytime you need to. We have all been there and it's damn hard.

Sending love and hugs to you ❤️❤️

mommato3 Fri 29-Mar-19 10:58:53

@confused38 I recall you commenting on one of my threads earlier in the year when you'd just found out you were pregnant so I'm so very sorry to hear your terrible news 😢 I hope the process goes as well as it can for you and you can get back to TTC again. Big hugs and so so sorry for your loss.

Confused38 Sat 30-Mar-19 13:48:30

I just wanted to let you all know I was taken into hospital on Thursday and have had a complete mc. I lost a lot of blood it was a horrendous experience I have never been pregnant before. I’m at home now and taking codiene and still bleeding but a lot less. I feel weak and can barely walk. My saving grace is that it all went so I need no further intervention. This whole Experian e had really made me wonder whether I would want to get pregnant again. I feel at peace.... I knew 5 days before that I was probably having a miscarriage and I had grieved before the horrible turn of needing to go to hospital. I thought it would continue as it had for the previous 5 days and thought I’ll tough it out at home and have a scan Monday and it’ll be gone. Nothing could have prepared me for the pain or amount of blood that came pouring out. I couldn’t walk or stand. I was very scared.
I was very annoyed at my MIL who seems to think that she knows how I feel. She was almost shocked when I said we had both come to terms with it in the days prior to the actual event. There is nothing we could have done differently, we are both healthy and take regular exercise and we don’t drink or smoke so it just wasn’t meant to be. My MIL thinks it just hasn’t ‘hit us yet’ and said losing a child was the most devastating thing in the world. I further annoyed her by suggesting it was an embryo not a child and that I didn’t think it was her place to comment on how I might be feeling as she had never been through this before and hasn’t lost a child so she has no experience of either. Is it normal to feel ok with this? I feel I have been made to feel like I am not ‘normal’ in some way. I did grieve and cry just days before. My husband has been a huge support and we have both done a really good job of looking after each other.

sparkling123 Sat 30-Mar-19 19:46:02

Sorry to hear you went through this @Confused38. It is a very unpleasant experience.
Your description of how you feel emotionally is exactly how I felt so I don't think you're abnormal at all. I was the same, had a lot of bleeding leading up to the actual mc over a few weeks, so had mentally processed it all and was prepared when it happened. I had about a day or so of being very upset and crying, then about a month of being a little low, but moved on quite quickly.
Give yourself time, and maybe ask your dh can tell mil that everyone grieves differently.

queenqueenqueen Wed 24-Apr-19 23:49:52

Hi any news anyone?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »