Talk

Advanced search

Which ovulation test do you recommend?

(12 Posts)
Comps83 Fri 22-Mar-19 17:53:52

^ just that really?

Michellebops Fri 22-Mar-19 20:23:41

Clear blue digital although cheapies from amazon do the same job.

Just with clearblue if you get the smiley you know it's the right time

Yakadee Fri 22-Mar-19 20:34:51

I sending the CB ones. I used to use cheapy ones until the line started getting darker then switch to CB ones x

Comps83 Fri 22-Mar-19 20:45:03

Just read up on the CB connect one. £60 with no replacements sticks. Ouch!

deathbycats Fri 22-Mar-19 20:48:53

The cheapies do the same job, but I think the advantage to using the CB one is that it's pretty unambiguous - no trying to figure out if it actually is a positive or not. I believe the CB ones also test for other markers than just the LH surge, which is what the internet cheapies test for.

Comps83 Fri 22-Mar-19 20:54:15

I don’t mind spending the money for the device but having to pay £60 again for more strips is a bit steep.
After having a shit time with false positive ICs it might be best to spend to dosh tho. I’ll probably get cheapies and more expensive ones to back them up

Michellebops Fri 22-Mar-19 20:57:55

I didn't pay £60

I got this one from boots (though it was £13 in Asda).

https://www.boots.com/clearblue-digital-ovulation-test-10-count-10154163?cmmmc=bmm-buk-google-ppcc_PLAsAs--(GB:Whoop!)+Clearblue--_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Baby+-+Medium+Margin+-+Mobile&utmsource=bmm-buk-google&utmm_medium=ppc&utmcampaign=(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Baby+-+Medium+Margin+-+Mobile&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz9ORwtGW4QIVA7ftCh2Pcws6EAQYBCABEgIIdd_D_BwE

Bumpingalong84 Fri 22-Mar-19 21:00:17

@Comps83 I’ve just used the CB advance sticks for the first time this month, £26 from boots with 10sticks. I found that my app was completely off with my ovulation. It gave me flashing smileys when I started my fertile window then a static smiley which means you ovulate in the next 12-24hrs. This was on CD18 when I thought it would be CD14!

I’m 7dpo so can let you know soon if they were worth the money haha

spugzbunny Fri 22-Mar-19 21:00:27

NOT the clear blue digital! I used it for 3 months (trying for 6) and the month I conceived I didn't get a positive face. I used it every day and I was temping so I know the day I conceived. Cheap ones are just as good

Comps83 Fri 22-Mar-19 21:02:44

Thanks for advice peeps . Think I’ll go cheap to start
Boots is so expensive anyway. I bet BnM have cheaper ones
I have no idea with ref to cycles as mini pill had totally messed them up so god knows where I’m at. Least ov tests can give me s clue

Bumpingalong84 Fri 22-Mar-19 21:06:29

Just to say, I used Poundland ones along side this month and it gave me a true strong positive on the day I got a static smiley so would recommend the Poundland ones, I just seemed to be testing at the wrong time. I just know two people who fell pregnant first month using the CB so I’m a sucker for trying something new 🙈 I’m sure Poundland ones are great if you know your cycle well

OhDiddums Fri 22-Mar-19 21:24:38

I just use either boots or asdas own brand ovulation tests. I start around 5 days before I suspect I'll get a positive and as soon as I notice ewcm I start testing twice a day sometimes 3x a day if I'm not getting a positive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »