Talk

Advanced search

5 day morula transfer - any BFP success stories?

(8 Posts)
KitKatKates Fri 22-Mar-19 16:03:11

Hey ladies,

I had 1 morula transferred 2 days ago and was so disappointed it hadn't developed to blastocyst. Just wondering if anyone has any success stories with transferring a slow developer to give me some hope?! Only 2 days into the 2ww so any info would be greatly appreciated! :-)

RedPandaFluff Sat 23-Mar-19 01:38:17

Hi @KitKatKates - I've not personally been in the same situation but I'm now on my 4th IVF cycle and I've always obsessively haunted forums during each cycle looking for a "matching" scenario and hoping for indicators of success. All I can say is that I've seen perfect 5-day blasts not implant and poor-quality 2-3 day embryos turn into successful pregnancies. It's a lottery and impossible to predict. If I were you I'd hope for the best and stay positive x

KitKatKates Tue 26-Mar-19 15:19:36

@RedPandaFluff - Thanks for the advice, it helps to know that! x

RedPandaFluff Tue 02-Apr-19 17:22:18

@KitKatKates - how are you? Have you tested yet?

KitKatKates Wed 03-Apr-19 09:57:27

@RedPandaFluff Thanks for remembering :-) I have tested and it was a BFN :-( I have been sad and upset but now accept this is our first round and we would have been very lucky to have been successful. I will give some time to let it sink in and enjoy some wine, chocolate, hot baths etc etc! Then start planning our next round. This is a tough rollercoaster but I am determined to keep positive and hopeful that I will one day become a mum. Sending love and strength to all ladies who are TTC - keep going! xxx

RedPandaFluff Wed 03-Apr-19 11:31:10

Ahhhh @KitKatKates I'm sorry to hear that. A lot of women do consider the first cycle to be a test run, though, to see how our bodies react to the drugs etc. So try to see this one as a practice go!

I know how hard it is, but it sounds like you have a great attitude. Good luck for round 2 💐

KitKatKates Thu 04-Apr-19 09:55:05

@RedPandaFluff Thank you - hopefully we will be lucky with our next round. Do you have experience or advice of how long to wait before going for the next round? x

RedPandaFluff Thu 04-Apr-19 14:43:55

Hi @KitKatKates - my personal experience isn't of much use to you; I need donor eggs which is a different (and much easier, physically) process as I don't have to do the trigger shot, egg collection etc. I've done back-to-back cycles and started for the next one as soon as I've had a "failure" period but your clinic might want you to have one or two cycles to let your body settle down and recover.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »