Talk

Advanced search

TTC and drinking?

(9 Posts)
Luckylola12 Fri 22-Mar-19 08:16:14

So just wondered if everyone completley cuts out drinking when trying to conceive? I know the obvious answer is yes but just wondered what everyones thoughts/experiences were?

BiscuitDrama Fri 22-Mar-19 08:17:54

I only would if it wasn’t happening as quickly as I’d hoped.

jcq17 Fri 22-Mar-19 08:22:16

I didn't cut it out still drank on weekends and special occasions. I think you have to try and relax at the start. We got pregnant month two after a particularly heavy week of boozing!

OrangeDuck Fri 22-Mar-19 08:29:36

This is something I keep thinking about too. I’m kind of with people who say relax and ‘drink til it’s pink’ but I can’t help but get this niggling worry about it. I definitely still have a few glasses of wine one af shows up and only really stop during the tww. Next month we have a short holiday planned during the tww with family which will involve drinking (or not drinking and questions being asked) so me and DH are thinking of skipping this month just to be on the safe side. But we’re not in any massive hurray and realise this is probably a little ott! grin

IlonaRN Fri 22-Mar-19 08:30:52

It took me a long time to get (and stay!) pregnant.
I compromised by drinking on the weekends after I got my period, but not between ovulation and my period.

Eslteacher06 Fri 22-Mar-19 08:34:35

I'd carry on as you normally would, maybe get used to taking folic acid and make sure you're eating a healthy-ish diet. Otherwise it could feel like a chore/stress, which could make it harder to conceive.

OhDiddums Fri 22-Mar-19 08:34:37

I don't drink often but I haven't cut alcohol out. I drink when I want to. I think as long as it's not excessive then you should enjoy a tipple. 🍷

Luckylola12 Fri 22-Mar-19 10:10:59

Thankyou everyone! Its nice to hear all you thoughts! Im on cycle 3 and cycle 2 was so stressfull with meals out, birthdays etc! Ive cut down drinking. Ill try not to stress so much!

Explorers10 Fri 22-Mar-19 10:37:53

My GP told me to relax more about conceiving and I mentioned I was going on holiday she said to have a glass of wine as being anxious can affect conceiving so I’m trying to relax about it all now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »