Talk

Advanced search

Time to give up?

(6 Posts)
MustShowDH Thu 21-Mar-19 11:45:01

I turned 43 this week. I'm doing the usual 'birthday time to evaluate my life' overthinking!

Not really sure what I want to ask, just need to write it down to get it out of my head.

I had my DD when I was 34. Since having her I have had a number of hormone related problems, become hypothyroid, quite possibly PCOS (according to symptoms and blood tests, but not had scan.) I've also had two miscarriages since my DD was born.

So we've been TTC a second child for quite a while, but we're a bit crap at it!! I can't even be arsed to DTD anymore. Also my DD is nearly 9, so its finally getting easier to get some 'me time'.

I guess I've reached the point where I need to accept defeat and give up. Feeling a bit sad.

kell2116 Fri 22-Mar-19 10:48:08

Hi @MustShowDH – I'm sorry you're feeling sad and sending hugs. If you've got to the stage where you've had enough of trying, then not trying anymore might be the right thing to do. You could always give it a break for a few cycles and re-evaluate with DH how you are feeling about it x

MustShowDH Fri 22-Mar-19 11:20:49

Thank you.

Yes, a break is probably what we need. Just conscious of my age.

MustShowDH Thu 25-Jul-19 22:44:41

@Mookie81

I saw your other post. This is how I felt about it.x.

Michellebops Thu 25-Jul-19 23:19:34

I posted something similar last night. Did you give up? Or just take a break?

I talked to partner about giving up and he doesn't want to, but maybe relax a bit 🙄

MustShowDH Fri 26-Jul-19 22:52:53

My DH still wants another child. I've got to the point where I'm not that bothered anymore. It sounds harsh, but I'm beginning to see light at the end of the parenting tunnel.
My one and only DD is 9 and I am starting to be able to think of myself occasionally. Not sure I can face going back to the baby years again at my age, (I'm 43.)

And (TMI ALERT) I've reminded DH that we actually need to be having sex if he wants another one!!! We can easily go months without any bedroom action!

We talked about possibly fostering once DD has left home, but DH prefers the idea of adopting, so any child would be permanently part of our family.

I get sad sometimes, but generally don't think about it too much any more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »