Talk

Advanced search

TTC after a Miscarriage - help me!

(4 Posts)
Tomandnic1 Thu 21-Mar-19 00:06:45

So I had an ERPC for a MMC on 25.02.19. Everything went well, bled for two weeks after and then all back to normal. Today, 23 days after the procedure, I am getting a faint positive test. I called the EPU immediately and they brought me in for a blood test. HCG came back at 8, which they said was pretty inconclusive but will need to go back in 48 hours. What am I supposed to do until then?!!
Just wanted to know your thoughts on whether you thought it was a new pregnancy or still leftover hormone from the MMC? I’m preparing myself for the worst but hoping for the best!

Michellebops Thu 21-Mar-19 04:56:53

Hi, sorry you're going through this.

Hcg of 8 is so low it's likely to be leftover from last pregnancy.

I had a miscarriage last year and took 9.5 weeks for me to get to zero hcg and finally got my period back.

I ended up going for blood tests every 2 days to confirm the hcg was lowering.

I thought I was pregnant with a new pregnancy due to still getting positives until I got my period.

Emotionally it's very hard and worse that you feel like your body is letting you down.

Once I got my period back I bought opks yto check my body was going back to normal ❤️

Tomandnic1 Thu 21-Mar-19 20:37:24

@michellebops, thank you for sharing your story.
I think I do need to be rational and accept it’s leftover pregnancy hormone but at the same time there’s a small glimmer of hope which I’m thinking about too!

Michellebops Thu 21-Mar-19 22:04:25

I so hope I'm wrong.

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »