Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a basal body temperature thermometer

(7 Posts)
WombatStewForTea Tue 19-Mar-19 20:33:49

So can feel the cramps of AF coming in. Had no real luck temping with current oral thermometer as couldn't seem to get a steady reading before ovulation. I want to get an inear one or more accurate one but can't seem to find one which reads to two decimal places. Any recommendations?

EssJayyCee Tue 19-Mar-19 20:40:31

I got one from eBay with the brand BabyMad written on the side. It reads to 2 decimal places and is cheap to buy. I have been temping for 3 months now and this seems to do the trick showing me relatively clear patterns and when I ovulate.
Even with me having irregular periods this has given me insight.

WombatStewForTea Wed 20-Mar-19 06:29:07

That's the brand I have now. It isn't accurate at all and can be out by 5 degrees a day which can't be right! Mine could just be faulty!

whyhaveidonethis Wed 20-Mar-19 06:49:55

I use baby mad too. No problem with it

SpringLake Wed 20-Mar-19 06:56:48

How long do you keep it in place before taking a reading? I need to leave for 4-5min, then read... but mine's just a cheap Amazon thing.

whyhaveidonethis Wed 20-Mar-19 07:29:12

Mine beeps when it's finished. It wasn't expensive from amazon.

mussie Wed 20-Mar-19 07:39:11

Yeah I got a cheap one off amazon to start with. Now I have a natural cycles one. Very happy with it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »