Talk

Advanced search

I'm not pregnant (age 39)

(8 Posts)
VictoriaReal Tue 19-Mar-19 09:52:11

Just did a test. I'm 39, and this was cycle 2 TTC. Never been pregnant before. I know the odds are super low. Never quite sure what the actual chances are as it's so hard to interpret the statistics but I know not to expect anything and stay cool about it for the first 6 months.

However, just did a test and felt a pang of sadness. Just wanted to share really.

Any other 39 yo out there TTC baby #1?

InDreamland Tue 19-Mar-19 10:03:33

Sorry you felt sad getting a BFN @VictoriaReal. It can be a difficult journey but you've only been TTC for 2 cycles so try to relax and enjoy BD for a few more months.

I just turned 39 last week. Started TTC at age 33 and took 5 years for a BFP only for i to end last year in a MC. I was pregnant again 3 cycles after but also lost that baby, a much earlier loss but hurt a lot as still dealing emotionally with my first loss. Now on cycle 4 post mc #2 and finding it very hard. I know that at our age it does get more difficult.

kell2116 Tue 19-Mar-19 13:17:55

Hi @Victoria and @InDream

I hear you – I'm TTC #1 and on 6DPO of cycle #5 (although we've been trying –but less 'seriously'– for well over a year). Hopefully all the heartache and doubt will make it that much sweeter when it finally happens for us. GL to you both xx

kell2116 Tue 19-Mar-19 13:18:56

Sorry – meant to add that I'm 38

Weathergirl1 Tue 19-Mar-19 13:52:07

I'm 39 and have just got a bfp on cycle 3 - but I can completely understand how you feel @VictoriaReal as the first two months of negatives made me want to know what was wrong with us. Now I'm panicking about the next stuff (will it stick, will it have issues at the screening point if I get that far) - it's never ending 😟

There's a lovely supportive thread of over 35s trying for #1 here and I'd recommend having a look - the ladies on there are really lovely : www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/3520015-35-TTC-1-Thread-6

Best of luck everyone 💐

ness2003 Tue 19-Mar-19 14:01:33

I am nearly 48 and TTC #3. Can i join too?
I forgot everything - #2 was almost 18 years ago! so this is same as #1 again :-)

VictoriaReal Tue 19-Mar-19 14:01:44

Thanks everyone. Sorry to hear about other people's troubles. Mother Nature is definitely a man! thanksthanks

Explorers10 Tue 19-Mar-19 14:15:20

Best advice I received was to try and stay relaxed as can impact on TTC. Really hard I know as I cry each time it’s BFN but i know I’m putting too much pressure on myself as want it so badly and comparing myself to everyone else who is pregnant. Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »