Talk

Advanced search

Short luteal phase vitamins

(8 Posts)
thosethreewords Mon 18-Mar-19 11:46:54

My LP is usually 11 days, so on the shorter end. Im 11 DPO today and psyching myself up for AF tomorrow.
What vitamins to people take? Not necessarily just for short LP, although that would be helpful!
I currently take pregnacare original, but am interested in also supplementing with Coq10, b6, vit c and raspberry leaf.
Does anyone have experience of these, including brands/ dosage?

Chips4dinneragain Mon 18-Mar-19 12:55:09

Hey OP

I take B50 Complex from H+B, it has 50mg B12 and B6 (amongst a lot of others such as follic acid), I read that you should take equal amounts of b12 and b6 otherwise the b6 doesn't absorb so well.

I also take the boots high strength vit c, can't remember the unit of measurement but its 1000 (either mg or MCG).

I've been taking them for 2 months and my luteal phase has extended by 2 days and pre AF spotting has reduced from 5 days to 2 days.I initially took B100 (containing 100mg of each) but had a persistent headache for the whole month, so reduced to the B50 which not only stopped the headache but also improved the spotting and lutealphase further.

Chips4dinneragain Mon 18-Mar-19 12:57:07

Just to clarify, its only the b6 and b12 which are those doses in the complex, the other b vits are much lower and line with reccomended daily allowance.

thosethreewords Mon 18-Mar-19 14:08:47

Thanks @chips! I'm just wondering about ordering some vit B though because pregnacare has some in already? Do you take these in addition to multivitamin for pregnancy?

Chips4dinneragain Mon 18-Mar-19 16:50:21

I think the dose of b vitamins in the pregnancy vitamins is really low, so you can take both, but I don't take a pregnancy vitamin.

RLI1105 Mon 18-Mar-19 21:11:28

Thanks so much for this thread @thosethreewords @Chips4dinneragain

My luteal phase only seems to be 10 days long. This will be our first cycle TTC and from what I've read extending it can only help!

Can I ask when you take the B vitamins and vitamin C? Do you take them throughout your cycle or just after you ovulate?

thosethreewords Tue 19-Mar-19 00:50:50

@RLI1105 throughout your cycle for the B and C vitamins, and then I'm starting tomorrow on evening primrose oil and raspberry leaf tea for the follicular phase until I confirm O.

RLI1105 Tue 19-Mar-19 19:41:15

@thosethreewords Thanks! I'm actually staying with my mum this week who is a vitamin fiend so I took one her vitamin C and vitamin B complex tablets this evening. Fingers cross it works!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »