Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to act pregnant?

(10 Posts)
AndBeholdAWhiteHorse Sun 17-Mar-19 14:32:03

Hi

First post. Just trying to work out what I need to do to help TTC. I'm 31 never had any children. My concern is whether I need to stop my life in order to welcome getting pregnant. I have just had the copper coil removed and a period has already been and gone. But should I now stop drinking in the tww. Should I not go on rides (a trip to Thorpe Park is in the pipeline). Should I not plan a future holiday just in case? Any advice or input would be gratefully received.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks

Peachyx2505 Sun 17-Mar-19 14:35:35

Just carry on with life. It could take 2 years it could take two months.....nothing is guaranteed!

PuzzlingPuzzle Sun 17-Mar-19 14:38:56

Take folic acid or a pre-conception vitamin that contains it. Otherwise crack on as normal, as Peachy says it might take a while. Hopefully not but you shouldn’t put your life on hold.

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 17-Mar-19 14:40:29

Agree. Take folic acid and get on with life

AndBeholdAWhiteHorse Sun 17-Mar-19 14:48:49

Thanks for the replies. That's kinda what I was thinking as you say nothing is guaranteed. Now I can feel a little less guilty smile

whitehalleve Sun 17-Mar-19 14:48:53

Yep to just take folic acid and carry on as normal.

bitheby Sun 17-Mar-19 15:00:30

I've stopped drinking during TWW and am taking folic acid. If I'm not pregnant (which I don't think I am) it's only 2 weeks without alcohol.

JellycatElfie Sun 17-Mar-19 18:26:11

The month I got pregnant I did everything hot baths rubbish food I went sledding in the snow! It didn’t make any difference so just enjoy yourself x

SoozC Sun 17-Mar-19 22:24:57

I had a big glass of white wine the evening before I tested positive with my second pregnancy. It didn't seem to affect it, the result is currently upstairs asleep smile

Mrsmummy90 Sun 17-Mar-19 23:14:58

In the tww with my dd, I went to a musical festival. I knew there was a chance that I may have conceived so I didn't drink heavily but I did still drink. Few days after the festival I got my bfp and she's now 13mo 😊

Take pre-conception vitamins and carry on as normal.

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »