Talk

Advanced search

1 day late and had EWCM

(21 Posts)
Starry1234 Sun 17-Mar-19 12:38:15

Has anyone had this? I tested 6 days ago so 5 days before I was due with frer but got a negative. I’m 1 day late and in the last few days I’ve experiment a lot of thick white cm. it was that bad I had to run to the loo to see if I was my period as I felt it come out. This morning woke up with a lot of the same cm again. Then about half an hour ago I had a lot of ewcm in my underwear. Now because I got a negative I don’t know what to do. For the past 2-3 weeks I’ve had loads of cramping and sting back ache everyday. All that’s gone with a few odd light cramps and sore boobs in a morning. Has anyone else experienced this and gone on to have a bfp?

Loseitandkeepitlost Sun 17-Mar-19 12:41:31

Test again! Many people wouldn’t get a positive 5 days early even if they turned out to be pregnant.

Starry1234 Sun 17-Mar-19 13:03:41

I will do. Will be able to do one Tuesday. Hoping af dosent arrive. Never had EWCM even when ovulation

Yakadee Sun 17-Mar-19 13:43:54

I had this and got my bfp! Test again.

Good luck x

Jamct23 Sun 17-Mar-19 16:22:41

Hi starry I’m due AF today, Similar to you iv had cramps back ache etc. But I usually get these before AF anyway, iv also had EWCM only today though I don’t recall getting it any other month confused I tested with a cheap one step test this morning and it was negative sad Keeping my fingers crossed that AF doesn’t start! Good luck to you x

Starry1234 Sun 17-Mar-19 18:12:54

Thanks @yakadee!! I hope it’s a good sign. I’ve hardly got any thing now. Suppose I’ll only know if I test. Do you think I can test any time in the day or should I stil use fmu?

@jamct23 oh really! Sorry to here you got a negative! How for past your period due date are you?

RyvitaBrevis Sun 17-Mar-19 18:42:59

There is a smaller rise in oestrogen in the middle of the luteal phase which can lead to more EWCM. And some people get something like EWCM later, right before AF appears, I think due to the breakdown of the corpus luteum if I remember correctly? But it could also be a good sign. Just like all of the other symptoms after ovulation, they could be interpreted either way. Maddening! Fingers crossed for you! x

KatnissKringle Sun 17-Mar-19 18:50:58

I had ewcm before my bfp however I know it can be a sign of AF too. Fingers crossed you get the result you want.

Yakadee Sun 17-Mar-19 19:51:34

@Starry1234 - they say fmu is the best so might be worth waiting until the morning (up to you of course).

Good luck - I hope you get your bfp xx

Starry1234 Sun 17-Mar-19 20:42:16

@ryvitabrevis I’ve just looked up what you mentioned there and I can’t make head or tale of it 😂. Does what I’ve had not really mean anything at all judging by what I’ve read u on?

@katnisskringle wow that’s good news!! Hopefully I get that result too

@yakadee yes, I think I’ll wait till morning as if I do it any other time and get a BFN I’ll prob kick myself. I will keep you posted. I’ve just got cramping and back ache now but my cm has gone back to thick white. I’ve never been late before. Suppose I’ll only know when I test. It’s jusy the symptoms you look out for isn’t so you can be like, right I’m pregnant let’s test 😂

Yakadee Sun 17-Mar-19 20:54:27

@Starry1234 - it's so hard. Really easy to over think everything too.

Good luck - everything is crossed for you xc

RyvitaBrevis Sun 17-Mar-19 22:40:46

Sorry I knew that was a bit confusing! That's what I meant, yes, there is no symptom that definitely means something until well after the point where a test will be accurate. All of the potential symptoms of being pregnant in the very, very early stages can also be PMT symptoms. So it can be fun to try to spot the symptoms but it can also do your head in needlessly!

If you are curious, there are at least two potential scenarios that can cause EWCM after ovulation without having to do with being pregnant. This is the science AFAIK:

An increase in oestrogen levels leads to EWCM (or whatever your most fertile cervical fluid is -- for some people it's more watery than egg white-y) and to ovulation.You have low oestrogen when you're on your period, it gets higher leading up to ovulation where it peaks, and drops off a bit, then it rises a bit but not as much, more to an intermediate level, before dropping right down again for your period to start. So it's possible to have EWCM from oestrogen rising after ovulation.

There's another possible explanation as well: After ovulation, a structure forms on the follicle where the egg came out called the corpus luteum. It releases progesterone for around 10 days. If pregnancy occurs, it keeps releasing progesterone. If pregnancy does not occur, it breaks down and the endometrial lining begins to shed, and the first thing to go is a bit watery and can seem like EWCM.

Starry1234 Mon 18-Mar-19 07:41:16

@ryvitabrevis thank you for that 😊 I get it now. I kind of had an incline it was that I just couldn’t get round it. Thank you for explaining it to me though x

Starry1234 Mon 18-Mar-19 13:24:20

Done a test today and I got bfn! God knows what’s happening. I’m needing to see more wake up with sore breasts then it goes and I’ve got a big increase in cm!! I constantly feel sick today too!!

Jamct23 Mon 18-Mar-19 20:12:24

Hi @starry I was one day late, AF came this morning (TMI barely any blood) but the worst back ache!! Back to tracking ovulation for me hmm How are your symptoms today? X

Starry1234 Tue 19-Mar-19 07:38:03

Hey @jamct23 aww sorry to hear that!! Af still not here for me and I just did another test with fmu. Still a bfn so I recon my af will turn up. Although no signs. And woke up with tender boobs again. I want to call the doc but don’t think they’ll do a thing

Yakadee Tue 19-Mar-19 07:56:44

@Starry1234 - that must be so frustrating. I hope you know soon. I agree docs probably won't do anything x

Jamct23 Tue 19-Mar-19 10:48:29

Fingers crossed no AF for you! I’m not sure the doc’s would so much either, It’s so frustrating I hate this ttc process iv become a little obsessed shock I have read that plent of women go a good couple of weeks before getting a BFP even with the best tests. Let us know how your getting on x

Starry1234 Fri 22-Mar-19 09:43:23

Hiii did another test this morning and still bfn!! I rang docs for a chat and he said they won’t do anything untill I’ve missed 2 or 3 cycles. So frustrating!!

deathbycats Fri 22-Mar-19 11:00:38

Are you sure you definitely ovulated? Last cycle for me I didn't ovulate until AF was due (thought it was weird getting EWCM and sore boobs as I don't normally get those before AF) then my period turned up 2 weeks later. It sounds like you could be in your fertile period based on the cramping and ewcm.

Starry1234 Fri 22-Mar-19 16:08:37

@deathbycats no, I don’t definalty know Ifbi ovulated, but with getting the bfns it seems I ovulated when I had the EWCM on Sunday. Me and my partner dtd Saturday and Sunday so hopefully that might help. I’ve never had EWCM before even when I have ovulated (become pregnant in that month) so just thought it was really strange I had that when af should have arrived. I still get cramps now and sore boobs. It’s been going on nearly 4 weeks. Hopefully if I’m ovulating now I should know by 31st if I am pregnant or not. That’s right isn’t it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »