Talk

Advanced search

faint positive lines sign of something wrong??? Please help

(11 Posts)
thebluedragon Sun 17-Mar-19 09:22:10

Hi,
Please can someone offer me advice; I feel like I am going crazy and finding the whole process of TTC really awful.

Period was due on Tues or Weds so now up to 5 days late. My cycle varied between 25 - 28 days, but it's never longer than that. On Tuesday, did two tests - CB early and Tesco but no line at all. On Thursday, I got some really light, brown spotting so assumed it was the start of my period and drank 2 small glasses of wine that evening.

By the next day, when AF hadn't come during the night after the spotting, I knew something was up, so I did CB digital and a line one. Digital said not pregnant, but I was sure I could see a very faint line, but DH couldn't.

At lunch, on Friday, I tested again with Tesco brand, and I could definitely see a line but it was so, so faint. When I got home from work, I did FRER and Tesco and both were positive. Lines were faint, but coloured and DH could see the line clearly as well so I wasn't going crazy. We were so happy on Friday night...

Then, yesterday morning, I thought I'd test with FMU to see if line was stronger but this time -no line on FRER. Spent most of the morning in tears. Tested again in the afternoon and again faint, red positive line on FRER.

I don't know what's going on. I know FMU is meant to be more concentrated, but for me, it seems like the later in the day the more concentrated the hormone is. I have read that faint lines mean its likely a chemical pregnancy or could even be ectopic pregnancy and I am terrified. I have pains in the side of my abdomen, but DH says its too early to go to hospital... He says the positive was clear and I am pregnant and should be happy, but I am just terrified and can't stop crying.

Did anybody else have really faint positive lines that came and went in the early days and went on to have a healthy pregnancy?

thebluedragon Sun 17-Mar-19 09:23:02

I'm also so angry with myself for having the two glasses of wine. I feel like I dont't deserve to be a Mum anyway if I can't even look after it properly at this stage... sad

gamerchick Sun 17-Mar-19 09:24:59

If you're late for your period I would expect a no mistaking positive by now, unless you ovulated late this month.

Really all you can do is wait. Stop testing, wait a week and see what's what then.

ChrisPrattsFace Sun 17-Mar-19 09:25:52

don’t worry about the wine. IMO At that stage it really is a non-issue.
I only ever had faint lines, so I don’t believe in the ‘they get darker as it gets stronger theory’... but then that’s just me! I’m 15 weeks now and my lines never darkened!

gamerchick Sun 17-Mar-19 09:27:55

And don't worry about the wine. Those little things are tougher than you think.

Fortheloveofscience Sun 17-Mar-19 09:30:48

Are you ovulation tracking? If not it’s possible you ovulated late and aren’t as many DPO as you expect. I’d just keep testing periodically, but as long as AF doesn’t come you are pregnant.

If your one-sided pain gets worse then you should go to hospital, but otherwise you just have to wait and see.

The wine will have zero effect on whether this pregnancy progresses or not, there’s no interaction between your bloodstream and the growing embryo while it’s just implanting so don’t give that a second thought.

thebluedragon Sun 17-Mar-19 09:31:25

Thank you for your responses. If you can't tell, I suffer from anxiety, and actually have been taking medication for that, but I have had to stop to try to get pregnant, so I am just feeling massively overwhelmed.

I made the mistake of Googling faint lines and just went down a rabbit hole of contradicting opinions and scary stories and it's terrifying me that there could be something wrong inside my body.

I don't really have anyone to talk to who has been pregnant. My Mum is of the opinion that until it is 3months gone it doesn't count as it's just a ball of cells and so you shouldn't get upset over it...

thebluedragon Sun 17-Mar-19 09:32:59

No, we weren't tracking. We didn't really do it properly this month. We just estimated the 5 days we assumed I would be ovulating based on an ovulation calculator on Google and DTD a few times that week...

whyhaveidonethis Sun 17-Mar-19 09:36:46

Firstly huge hugs, secondly, two small glasses of wine are not going to have any impact, especially at this early stage. You may have just ovulated late. It happens even to the most regular women. Also FMU is not always the best. Countdown to pregnancy actually have a page that tells you what time of day is best to test each dpo. I'll see if I can find it

whyhaveidonethis Sun 17-Mar-19 09:45:45

Here you go www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/pregnancy-tests-urine-sample.php

thebluedragon Sun 17-Mar-19 09:50:06

Thank you. That chart is really interesting. For me, the later in the day that I have been testing the clearer the line is which matches up with those statistics.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »