Talk

Advanced search

TTC and cycles have become longer

(7 Posts)
MrsW18 Sat 16-Mar-19 20:16:43

Hi All

My husband and I have been TTC for a few months now. I monitored my cycles for 6 months prior and they were always consistently 28/30 days. Since TTC I have had a 37 day cycle and am now on day 36 of my current cycle and have had a negative test result. Has this happened to anyone else? I know a lot of people will say perhaps stress but I’m wondering if there are any other reasons for this?

OhDiddums Sat 16-Mar-19 20:26:07

My cycles have always been slightly longer. Usually 32 days. Then they became 34 days and then I had a fluke 29 day cycle. I have no idea why this happens. Have you tried using opks? I found them really useful and it would give me a good indication of how long that cycle would be.

MrsW18 Sat 16-Mar-19 20:35:36

I have ordered some strips so I am going to give them a try next month.

cakesandphotos Sat 16-Mar-19 20:44:18

This happened to me while TTC. I suspect it was probably stress, it took me a long time to get pregnant. Once my periods came back after delivery, they’re bang on 28 days again.

veeboo Sat 16-Mar-19 20:46:28

Hi MrsW18 what contraception did you take? When I came off the pill my cycles kept increasing to 33 days for 6 months then I had two random really long ones then they have been 27/28 days for 4 months now. I think it was just the pill. I don't think GPs worry unless you regularly totally miss one or have wide variations. I hope it settles for you. Using opks helped me pin point ovulation which might help if they are irregular

MrsW18 Sat 16-Mar-19 23:35:27

Thanks this is good to know that’s it’s not just me!

MrsW18 Sat 16-Mar-19 23:38:05

Hi Veeboo. I was on the pill however I stopped taking this in May last year and all cycles after that were 28/30 until we began TTC in December. I have I ordered some OPKS and will maybe try basal temperature as well. Here’s hoping!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »