Talk

Advanced search

STOP ME POAS!!

(12 Posts)
peasando Sat 16-Mar-19 07:59:22

Seriously, ladies, what is the earliest that a sensible person starts POAS? I'm 8dpo today and couldn't help myself trying - obviously BFN 🤦‍♀️. But that's not even the worst of it - I tried yesterday and the day before too! You'd think I would know better, TTC number 2 and had multiple miscarriages before DS was born so this isn't my first rodeo. But still I do it. I bought 50 (50!) ICs from Amazon this week as well so that's not going to help! Distract me please, or just tell me I'm not alone?!

HalfBloodPrincess Sat 16-Mar-19 08:50:56

Twice a day from 6dpo. Isn’t that the norm?😂😂😂

HalfBloodPrincess Sat 16-Mar-19 08:51:32

(And every wee from 9dpo 😝)

WhatNow40 Sat 16-Mar-19 09:02:24

Thought I'd share the below as it really helped me to stop testing too early!

1-4dpo ..embryo is growing and developing
5dpo... Embryo is now a blastocyst
6dpo....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
7dpo.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
8dpo.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
9dpo.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
10dpo.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
11dpo...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
12dpo...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
13dpo...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
14dpo...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

11dpo is the first day your body produces HCG at all, so there is no point in testing before this date!! I hope this helps someones else. 

ps I got my one and only BFP on an internet cheapie at 11dpo! Good luck!

peasando Sat 16-Mar-19 09:05:05

@HalfBloodPrincess yes that's my logic 😂😂

@WhatNow40 hmm, I have read that before, my HEAD knows that's right but somehow that doesn't stop my hand reaching for the test...

peasando Sat 16-Mar-19 10:13:43

Also how does that explain all the 9dpo BFPs on here? Must be different for different people, surely...not everyone has the same cycle length for a start...(wildly trying to justify my unjustifiable behaviour! 😉)

WhatNow40 Sat 16-Mar-19 10:39:46

If you have tracked Ovulation incorrectly, you can be out on your dpo but up to 2 days. If some haven't tracked O at all using test sticks but with calendars and cycle length then they can be out by a bit more.

Cycle lengths vary but the length and timeline from O onwards is exactly the same for everyone. If you get your period earlier than expected, it's because you ovulated earlier that cycle than previously.

I had IVF, so I knew my 'ovulation' date was my egg collection date. I tested every day, even though I knew the science! I got my bfp on 11dpo, v v feint line that got darker each day after that.

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 16-Mar-19 10:43:44

My positive was definitely 9dpo .

peasando Sat 16-Mar-19 10:56:19

See @MyDcAreMarvel THAT is why I keep doing it 😃

Congratulations btw

peasando Sat 16-Mar-19 10:57:53

@WhatNow40 I didn't actually know that. You'd think with the number of pregnancies I've had that would have come up at some point - science was never my strong suit!

Still going to be POAS tomorrow morning though 🤣🤣🤣

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 16-Mar-19 11:00:31

Thank you am hoping it sticks after a miscarriage 8 months ago.
I didn’t get a positive until the evening of 9dpo, I held my wee and didn’t drink for four hours because I didn’t believe the bfn from the morning.
Would only use a frer early though.
Hope you get your bfp in next couple of days.

peasando Sat 16-Mar-19 11:04:35

@MyDcAreMarvel Thank you and so sorry about your miscarriage thanks Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy nine months for you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »