Talk

Advanced search

Colposcopy and treatment during tww

(3 Posts)
CateyA Thu 14-Mar-19 17:53:44

Hi

I ovulated on Tuesday and was really excited as we’d done everything we could to maximise chance of getting pregnant. I felt really hopeful this would be the month I got a bfp.

I got called in for a smear follow up today (Thursday) and had a colposcopy and loop treatment on my cervix. I’m now crampy and a bit emotional 😞

I’m aware the egg and sperm if they have/will meet will still be somewhere in my tubes and not implanted yet.

I really don’t understand if there is still a chance that implantation might happen or if this month is now a write off.

The doctor didn’t seem to understand what I was asking and just wanted to get on with the treatment telling me I could start trying next month.

Has anyone had this treatment during the tww and got a Bfp?

Xxxx

LondonKez Thu 14-Mar-19 20:16:16

I haven't had my BFP, but just want to reassure you. I had this a few cycles ago the day after ovulation. The doctor who did it said it shouldn't affect the chances of conception or implantation as the procedure is in your cervix and doesn't disturb your uterus or fallopian tubes. Good luck x

CateyA Thu 14-Mar-19 20:34:06

Thank you ❤️ That is really good to hear.
I probably won’t get a bfp this month but I just need to feel hopeful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »