Talk

Advanced search

TTC with longer cycles

(10 Posts)
BabyO1988 Thu 14-Mar-19 14:36:14

Hi all... thought I'd make a new thread for anyone who is trying to conceive with longer than average cycles.

I've been off the pill for 6 months and my cycles have got shorter but still longer than average.

I'm currently on cycle day 28 and my opk's haven't shown that I've ovulated yet so I'm just playing the waiting game until I get a positive and enter the TWW.

Anyone else in this sort of situation?

Niffler2019 Thu 14-Mar-19 21:30:21

Hi can I join?

I came of the pill at the start of February, had a withdrawal bleed & am now
currently on cycle day 35. I knew I wouldn't go straight to a "normal" 28 day cycle because my periods were never regular before going on the pill. Previously they were anywhere between 40 & 55 days.

I just hope it won't take 12 months to even have a period again like it did when I came off the pill to ttc #1 😬

How do you manage to figure out when you're ovulating?

BabyO1988 Thu 14-Mar-19 21:55:26

Hi @Niffler2019
I've downloaded a few apps that you input your cycle length into and it shows you when you're due to ovulate and your next cycle. I've got Flo and Glow.

First cycle was a normal length after coming off my pill and had my 'withdrawal bleed' after I stopped taking it. And they've been around 44 days long since.

How long did it take you to conceive after your cycles started after stopping the pill when you tried to conceive #1? X

Pinksunset1 Thu 14-Mar-19 22:53:28

Hi ladies can I please join in. I had the mirena coil in until October 2018. We have been trying since then but I have only had 3 AF since then missed November cycle and haven’t had AF since January. My cycle was between 45-48 days this one is day 61. I know it’s soon after having mirena removed butwe are coming up one year married and desperate for first baby. I have been taking ovulation tests but not sure if I’m reading them properly or not my app gives me a rough date but I don’t seem to be ovulating when it says x

BabyO1988 Fri 15-Mar-19 08:37:40

Hi @Pinksunset1 it's really hard isn't it. Contraception seems great until we want to conceive and then we think... why didn't I come off it sooner!
I think it's just about being patient and seeing what happens but I'm so sick of the waiting each day to see what's happening and then if and when AF does show up it's going to be the long wait to ovulation again.

Doctors won't do anything until you've been trying for a year I think either? X

Pinksunset1 Sat 16-Mar-19 17:24:25

@baby01988 it defo is I’m being sent for blood test on Monday and laparoscopy to check for endometriosis or cysts and also the dye test. Had laparoscopy before but not dye test. How are you getting on x

BabyO1988 Sat 16-Mar-19 18:26:29

@Pinksunset1 good luck! What symptoms have you had to make them do those tests?

I've been having some cramping on and off over the last week or so but not sure what it means, as I don't think it was ovulation pains because my opk's came back negative. However they might have missed my surge? I just don't know at the moment. Based on previous cycles I'm due to ovulate this week so will keep testing and see what happens. X

kittycat01 Sat 16-Mar-19 18:34:37

Hi all! I have 39-42 day cycles and found that none of the apps were correct. The only thing that works for me is taking my temperature each morning and inputting it into an app. I do this as well as OPKs. Unfortunately OPKs only detect a surge and don't confirm if you've ovulated whereas the temping does confirm ovulation! I would highly recommend!

Pinksunset1 Sun 17-Mar-19 08:13:03

@baby011988 I have had pelvic pain that started four years ago and had laparoscopy. Now had another flare up October and I’m still in pain now I’m off my work at moment as pain is so intense. Doctor said I need to be checked again incase something going on and while they are in there might as well do a dye test. Shame about the cramping I’m not to sure what it could be hopefully it’s a good thing for you and fingers crossed you get a postivie this week or May be already good luck xx

agteacht Sun 17-Mar-19 18:30:47

Hi all

Just to share, I typically have 36-40 day cycles, ovulating around day 24-28. However this cycle I have taken soy isoflavones as apparently they act like Clomid. I took them days 2-6. I have had my peak OPK today which is day 14 so far earlier than usual. I guess I will ovulate by day 16. Worth reading up on them, I will have a look for the link I had

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »