Talk

Advanced search

Uterine polyps- affect fertility?

(4 Posts)
tryingtobeamum8 Wed 13-Mar-19 19:36:35

Hello, hope you are having a good week smile
Wondering if anyone knows much about uterine polyps and fertility- I had a follicle scan last week and it identified that one of my ovaries has a pattern that looked like PCOS (right ovary) and that there was a slightly irregular outline of the endometrium with multiple feeder vessels noted along the cavity - polypoidal endometrium.
The sonographer recommended monitoring and coming back for another scan but didn't mention removing the polyps- does anyone know if this will affect my fertility? Have been ttc so wondering if this is affecting it
Thanks so much xxxx
have attached report!

bitheby Thu 14-Mar-19 01:02:23

I had a uterine polyp removed because it can affect implantation. I was seeing a fertility clinic and they recommended this course of action before going ahead with treatment.

Birdie6 Thu 14-Mar-19 01:08:18

I had several episodes of uterine polyps. I'm not sure if it was the main cause of my infertility, but it certainly didn't help. It took 5 years for me to conceive the first time, and 4 years the second time . Good luck .

tryingtobeamum8 Thu 14-Mar-19 08:55:58

Thank you so much for your reply! smile looks like best to have it removed- will book in to have this done xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »