Talk

Advanced search

Short luteal phase - anyone else?

(4 Posts)
MotherOfShihTzus Tue 12-Mar-19 21:59:36

0please help!

Hello all,

I've come to the realisation today that I have a really short luteal phase - 11 days - and read that 10 is a defect. I've been ttc for 14 cycles and feel like this might be a factor. On a waiting list to speak to a fertility clinic but told this can take 6 months... trying to figure out what it could be.

Positive energy to all!

Eminen Wed 13-Mar-19 07:02:59

Hi.
I've recently looked into this as I had a 10 day luteal phase myself. I began to take vitex Angus castus up until ovulation, and after 2 cycles I've lengthened it to 12 days!
Make sure you do plenty of research on it though as it can often throw out your cycle if you already have regular cycles.

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 13-Mar-19 07:06:50

Hi both, B12 is also supposed to be good. It is not impossible to conceive with an LP like that - mine was sometimes 7-8 days!- but whether by luck or not, after I started B12 it helped. I used it both times I conceived and have 3 dc inc twins!!
I think it is trial and error so why not give the agnus castus a go for a bit and track your LP, if that doesn't work, B12?

MotherOfShihTzus Wed 13-Mar-19 08:34:03

Thanks @Eminen @JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff - I will do some research in these!

Did you consult dr before trying?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »