Talk

Advanced search

WARNING IF TTC!- ASDA FREEDOM PREG TEST

(7 Posts)
AllTheGlitter Tue 12-Mar-19 20:54:17

Hi ladies,

I’ve seen a lot of people posting for opinions on whether their test is positive while using these tests.

Just wanted to warn you all I did a test back in November whilst I was still on the pill (before TTC) and was amazed that it came back positive within seconds.. I then did 4 clear blues and 4 FRER over the next few weeks and definitely wasn’t pregnant. The reviews on the Asda website are all very similar too. Please please stay away!

BingLiveisRubbish Tue 12-Mar-19 21:13:20

shockshockshock

LunarLchemist333 Wed 13-Mar-19 10:41:23

I'm 11 days late and I've taken 6 tests so far (cheap pharmacy twin couple days before AF) then a cheap 5pack from Amazon (3.5* reviews) after AF didn't come and now I'm confused....false negatives or just not pregnant?? I've got some CB arriving tomorrow, I've normally shown early with my PP so I'm starting to get a little worried?

AllTheGlitter Wed 13-Mar-19 11:24:02

Hi Lunar! Hmm not sure, try the CB or the FRER! I haven’t heard many showing false positives but this particular brand are one to stay away from xx

LunarLchemist333 Wed 13-Mar-19 13:52:37

Thanks ATG, will be sure to steer clear Xx

SausageMashandOnionGravy Wed 13-Mar-19 14:43:01

I had the same thing before Christmas, it came out positive. We weren’t trying for a baby at the time, I just had a missing period so I felt relieved when it turned out to be a false positive. I can imagine they have caused some women a lot of upset. I’m surprised ASDA haven’t pulled them, when I read the reviews back in November or so there were quite a few women who’d had the same issue. I posted on here at the time too to warn other women to avoid them.

AllTheGlitter Wed 13-Mar-19 15:03:31

@SausageMashandOnionGravy yes luckily I wasn’t TTC either or i’d have been absolutely distraught! sad I’ve left a review on asda’s website but they just keep selling them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »